Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Is this an Easter Egg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this an Easter Egg?

I think I found an Easter Egg in The Metatemporal Detective Pt. 3 (Michael Moorcock's Multiverse graphic novel).

On page 84 (or the first page in pt.3 of the comic) Seaton and Taffy are disembarking from an airship. I noticed that Seaton carries a case and took an interest in the pattern on it, because it seemed what I thought was Victorian but somewhat disorganized. After some observation I believe I found the following images in the patter:

1 misshapen phallus and upside down this phallus looks a lot like Mandelbrot Set
    1 very pronounced phallus

And half of thhe face of Spammer Gain

What say you?
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Pray tell, good sir, might you be able to scan the illustration in question for those of us unfortunate enough to be lacking that particular tome?
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Sorry PWV, my scanner's bulb got toasted. It was proprietary, so I couldn't even replace the damned thing.
      The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

That Mark Reeve. Scurrilous political cartoonist and general Cornelian upstart, worked for some of the worst rags in Christendom. I wouldn't put anything past him. Now I'll have to go over the covers he did for the UK Eternal Champion series and see what filth he's been peddling under the flag of wholesome entertainment. Wait till I catch him. I'll never buy him another fish and chip supper.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
        The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
        Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
        The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
        Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Speaking of hidden Sexual themes, has anyone seen the stuff thats hidden in the various Disney Movies? Man, i cant beleive they got away with that stuff!

Comment

I went to a Comic Con here In Charlotte this past June and the bootleg DVD people were all selling Song of the South on DVD. Ive never actually seen the full movie, ive only heard the songs and read the storys of Briar Rabbit, Bear ,and Fox,so i dont know what the big deal is that they wont release it here on DVD. Im assuming by the cover that there is Stereotypical references to African Americans, but the little Rascals has that too, and theyre on regular television.

"..Mr Blue bird on my shoulder...."

As for Black and White Mickey...

I hear theres a long lost original print of the first Mickey Mouse Cartoon called, "Dream Boat Willys". :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock View Post
              That Mark Reeve. Scurrilous political cartoonist and general Cornelian upstart, worked for some of the worst rags in Christendom. I wouldn't put anything past him. Now I'll have to go over the covers he did for the UK Eternal Champion series and see what filth he's been peddling under the flag of wholesome entertainment. Wait till I catch him. I'll never buy him another fish and chip supper.

Blame it on his early fascination with the works of Aubrey Beardsley!

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran View Post
                Pray tell, good sir, might you be able to scan the illustration in question for those of us unfortunate enough to be lacking that particular tome?
                Almost four years later:

Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Definitely "Paging Dr Freud" on this one.

I guess I can see one, but it's not exactly in proportion...
                  I can also see two shmoos walking side-by-side and chatting with each other, and a happy pig.

Yeah: "eye of the beholder". Ditto the Disney stuff. Sexually repressed people see sex everywhere.

Des
                  Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

It seems I re-awakened interest in this thread!

(I've now been investigating at the bag for some time, and can see what would appear to be a couple of instances of things!!)

Comment

Ummm, if that patern looks like a phalus to you may I recomend you get yourself to a urologist asap?

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                        Ummm, if that patern looks like a phalus to you may I recomend you get yourself to a urologist asap?
                        Look at the pattern on the bag Nate.
                        Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

I have a buddy who is an illustrator, he gave a friend one of his originals framed to hang on the wall. When you look at it for a while you can see an anguished face in the picture, made up of the various elements, though the actual picture itself was for a children's book, and was supposed to be quite jolly. He assures us he did not do it deliberately, and only became aware of it when he framed it for an exhibition. He has told me that reading his diaries he realises that when he was at his busiest in his career he was not at all happy, even though he was making a lot of money, I guess it was coming out in his work.

The Disney one of the phallus in the castle is accidental according to the illustrator himself.
                          http://final-frame-final.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm looking, I'm looking...
                            and I say again, If there is something in there that looks like your willie, see a doctor imediately

Comment

Working...
                            X