Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Miscellany T-shirts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miscellany T-shirts?

I've only seen FP once - at the BFI in 1980 or 81. I don't know what I would have worn in order to attract attention as almost nobody seems to have managed to meet (fundraising hint to the Fox: try flogging Miscellany T-Shirts in advance of any event where a number of members may turn up).
    I'm thoroughly envious of you all anyway.

Miscellany T-shirts? [Split from 'Moorcock at the BFI']

Originally posted by DiGiMac View Post
    (fundraising hint to the Fox: try flogging Miscellany T-Shirts in advance of any event where a number of members may turn up).
    This isn't a bad idea. I'd buy one if you guys made them available, regardless.

Comment

I have an idea for a MM t-shirt as well, but need to the the art work done, but I think the T-shirt idea is great. Especially, when you consider all the other fantasy corp logo T-shirts going round.

Especially, being fond of my Miskatonic University - Pickman Hall that I won in a Chaosium competition.
      Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

The idea of a T-shirt has been tossed around before. (Unfortunately the picture links are broken in that thread.)
        You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

I fixed one of the picture links - the original was still in the Image Hive:

Credit where credit's due spot:
          Jerry artwork by DeeCrowSeer
          T-shirt design by PsychicWarVeteran
          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

We could go with something simple, like:

?

_"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
            _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
            _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
            _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

A nice simple design and straight to the point.
              I like it!!
              Count me in for at least 2.
              "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Fantastic idea - i'll definitely be in for at least one.

Can you make sure you get some XXL ones for the pie eaters amongst us please?

Comment

Sorry to be a stick in the mud on a couple of accounts, but first let me say I like the idea.

Austin Chronicle own the copyright on that picture of Mike: we have permission from the copyright holder to use it in our logo.

Duncan Crosier owns the copyright on the Jerry playing the guitar.

Kirk (PWV) owns the copyright to the shirt design.

Henri Tankensen (sp?) owns the copyright on the design of the logo, which we use via donation (I don't own it).

Anything you use from the site in the shirt design, I beg you, please seek permission from the copyright holder.

But to be seen more easily by one another at an event, wouldn't really tall hats be the thing? Perhaps a cowbell?

Last edited by Reinart der Fuchs; 09-14-2010, 08:56 PM.
                  Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Reinart der Fuchs View Post
                    Sorry to be a stick in the mud on a couple of accounts, but first let me say I like the idea.
                    Perhaps competition time?
                    Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

To Reinhart, . . . . . . . . . .

What a way to start the day. Coffee and that hat. Too much, man.
                      Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley View Post
                        We could go with something simple, like:

?

I want one... If it is not too expensif.
                        Papi

Comment

Originally posted by Papi View Post
                          I want one... If it is not too expensif.
                          Well, as Berry says, there are a bunch of copyright issues* to resolve before we could even think about going ahead with any 'branded' T-shirts, but I do like the stark simplicity of the MM logo Tee. I suppose we should have 'noisier' style logo Tee for those of a more Chaotic disposition.

*I hadn't forgotten about the copyright side of things; I just took it as read that it would be a consideration that we're all aware of.

Comment

I would love to see a Moorcock T shirt, if the copyright issues could be resolved could the 9 pointed chaos symbol be used? whatever happens i want one!

Comment

Working...
                            X