Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Moorecock in Thackery Lambshead Guide to Eccentric Diseases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorecock in Thackery Lambshead Guide to Eccentric Diseases

....or something like that.

I picked it up today. It's a couple of books down on my reading list but it has contributions from lots of good authors - Neil Gaiman, Jeff Vandermeer, and MM. It's designed like one of those old folk books on diseases. Anyone read it yet?

Another thing...where are the eternal Champion omnibuses available in the US. I have the first 3 and the rest seem to be out of print.

-magmox

..figures I spelled MM's last name wrong...sorry!! :D

Comment

Don't worry. I spelled Tolkien's name wrong first time I wrote to him...
      I love the Lambshead book -- great for dipping into and wonderful stuff from some very good people.

My agent has deliberately not sold the rights to the EC books in the US for various reasons of publishing strategy and so on but you can still get many of them second hand or from John Davey (Jayde Design) or you can get mass market UK paperbacks. There's no mass market in the US and the last two of the US edition didn't go into mass market.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
      The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
      Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
      The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
      Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

I meant trade paperback. Earl Aubec and Count Brass didn't go into trade because it had become dificult trying to get publication dates and so forth out of WW, so, since they were in breach of contract, my agent
        felt it reasonable to pull the titles. Still, it shouldn't be hard to find most of them. Kane of Old Mars is the hard one to find because it's probably the least reprinted.

The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
        Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
        Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

The Roads Between The Worlds is also hard to find. Actually, while Kane was still available in trade from Amazon last year, Roads had already not. Roads and Kane were published only as part of the US EC series (while The New Nature of the Catastrophe only in the UK), and I guess this is one of the reason for them being so hard to track. Kane sells used for up to $180.26 currently on Amazon! Luckily, I found both at a local bookshop last year. Regarding the UK paperbacks - many of them are already out of print as well. The first volume, The Eternal Champion, has been out of print for several years already. I hope that they all get reprinted, maybe in a new format, sometime soon. I liked the UK covers better than the American ones, by the way.

Another thing: BN.com has been selling for over a year now The Dreamthief's Daughter in hardcover for $5.99. The copy might have a remainder sticker on it, but it can easily be removed.

Comment

I have only one volume of the 14 missing from my lovely UK set... Sailing To Utopia. I just can't find the damn thing anywhere! I realise that it's not one of the 'big boys' of the series, but as it's the only one I don't have, you can understand my need of it!
            Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

Comment

You've got them all in hardback? I've got the UK series (in mixed HC and paperback) back in Israel, while here in Hungary I have the entire US series (in mixed HC and trade). I think I've seen Sailing to Utopia here in Budapest in paperback. If you are interested, I can check it up for you. Let me know.

Comment

I have them all in paperback apart from the second Corum trilogy, The Prince With the Silverhand which, may I add, has a beautiful image of a moody looking Corum on the cover.

If the version of Sailing To Utopia is in the white cover (I'm petty, I know :) ) then I would be interested, for sure! Thankyou very much for the offer!
                Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

Comment

Yes, I also have the second Corum trilogy in hard back, with that beautiful image by that Japanese artist whose name I have forgotten. His name should be written on the sleeve, I think. I really have to find a cheap way to move all my books from Israel here. Last time I visited there on March I managed to bring back the Second Ether paperbacks and Tales of the White Wolf, but there are tens of kilos of books still there.

I'll let you know about Utopia in the beginning of next week. So if I see it I'll buy it for you, and we can arrange the rest later. You can mail me to doueko AT hotmail DOT com. And yes, it's the UK paperback in the white cover, if it's still there :)

Comment

Further proof of Moorcock readers being of a superb pedigree :D

I thankyou, and you are clearly deserving of a beverage!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
                      Further proof of Moorcock readers being of a superb pedigree :D

I thankyou, and you are clearly deserving of a beverage!
                      I've just purchased it for you: The Tale of The Eternal Champion Vol 5: Sailing to Utopia. Send me your address and I'll mail it tomorrow.

What beverage are you offering?

Comment

Oren, you have won my eternal love! Thankyou so, so much!!!

I'll be in touch :D

Comment

I'll drink to that, too. Most generous readers in the world. I've said it many times. If I get to feeling that the world's too rotten a place, I only have to do a reading or get on this site.

Comment

Hallo! It has been an extremely long time since last I posted here. I hope everyone is well, especially yourself, Mr. Moorcock. I have had to find this thread out, however, to bump it up and let everyone know that from all the years ago when me and Oren first made contact on this very thread, where he very kindly offered to purchase a book for me that was missing in my collection, and I later for him, that we are very soon to be colleagues. I visited the beautiful city of Budapest recently for a job interview at the games company Oren works for, and was very lucky to have them reach the decision to hire me. I shall be relocating there not long into the new year, and simply cannot wait.

Mr. Moorcock, my point is basically this: without your wonderful writings, this incredible opportunity would have never come my way, and the generosity of your readers is simply overwhelming.

I figured that this was too good a story not to share with you all, and again I have to thank everyone behind this site that sewed the seeds for me, especially Oren and our old pard Michael Moorock. My hat goes off to you all!

Bob

Comment

Another neat little circle is completed.
                              Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Working...
                              X