Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Looking for is not always finding...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for is not always finding...

Hi friends, this is a spanish Moorcockآ´s fan. Itآ´s hard to me to write in english, but iآ´ll do the best i can.
    Okay, iآ´m writing this post because in Spain itآ´s extremely difficult to find a Moorcockآ´s book. In fact, thereآ´s a lot that never appeared here. No MM books at bookshops. I have a lot, all in spanish for sure... but i want some others like the last stories of Elric, or another ones like Gloriana.
    My question is quite simply (I hope the answer is too...) : where can i buy some MM books? (Without travel there)
    Thank you!

PD: No matter reading english (sweet dictionary), just writing.

Jayde Design has a large selection of Michael Moorcock books and magazines for sale. Several hundred items, including many first editions, "Eternal Champion" omnibuses, scarce ''New Worlds'' issues, plus many other items...
    For a full, printed for-sale list,
    or if you have specific wants,

please e-mail: JaydeDesign @Compuserve.com

p.s. I am not John Davey. Just passing the info along.

http://www.zakas.org/darkcarnivalsig...ntedhouse.html
    When it comes time to die
    Sing your death song
    and die like a warrior.

http://www.aliensurgeon.com

Comment

My agent's taking steps to sort it out. I used to have a fair number of books available in Spanish. So did Terry Pratchett. For some reason both of us disappeared from our publisher's lists. I did a small British Council tour of Spain in the late 80s, as I recall. Or maybe I got up the nose of the sinister Opus Dei. I did a reading at Pamplona Uni which wasn't exactly pro-religion... :D

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
      The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
      Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
      The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
      Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Arioch33:
        try via Ebay de Espa~a (sorry, I don't have the n~e)

http://search-desc.es.ebay.com/Moorc...Z999QQfromZR14

Most people, I'm sure will send to Spain if they are within EU, but check under the particulars.

Or else I would expect at least one English book shop in the big cities ... at lleast in Madrid, Barce, Palma, Valencia and , hmmm, Fuengirola?

Buena suerte con la bأ؛squeda,
        atte.
        L'Etranger
        Google ergo sum

Comment

Thank you very much, LEtranger, HellHound and Michael! The Ebay page is really useful, i have to check it out. Itآ´s a pity that there arenآ´t spanish books at Ebay, but iآ´ll try in english (itآ´s not the first time).
          Oh, talking about the book shops in the big cities...nothing!! No MM books! Iآ´m a lucky man, because i heard about MM 10 years ago (there were MM books) and i bought all i found. Now, itآ´s impossible. Nobody knows the reason why, Mr. Michael, disappeared from yours publisher lists. Iآ´m sure that if your books were reedited they sell very well. I know a lot of people in my situation because of spanish net forums. I think that your little war with Opus Dei has something to do with it...hehehe. There are a lot of fanatical religious people here.
          There are 46 books edited in spanish, counting the different versions of the same book, and the articles in other compilations. The last one appeared here is The Chronicles of Jerry Cornelius.
          But another ones like Elric at the End of Time, or Von Bekآ´s cycle and a lot more besides never been here.
          So iآ´ll read in english, if there is need of it (20 minutes per page... :o )

Comment

Hope so.
            Maybe I should walk through the streets of Pamplona in rags and chains whipping myself in order to get published.
            Readers unfamiliar with modern Spanish history should note Pamploma is more or less the birthplace of Franco's fascist revolution (unless you count Majorca or Morocco!).
            I still have to keep my eyes peeled for hit-men in cassocks with Italian Mausers bearing the papal seal stamped into their butts (the rifles, not the hit-men -- well, maybe both...) :D

The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
            Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
            Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Hahaha, i hope you donآ´t need to do that! :lol:
              Yeah, thatآ´s our story. When Franco came to power, Opus Dei became a first political force. Still today, they have some influence over the religious people. There are some colleges and universities of Opus Dei, like Pamplonaآ´s Uni. So, it was very brave by your side to make a reading like that... They are very vindictive.
              Iآ´m from Granada. Have you ever been to Granada? You have to take a look over the Alhambra, itآ´s awesome.
              Thanks for this amusing conversation!

Comment

My one regret. Which will be corrected as soon as possible. I've never been in Spain as a tourist, as such, although we have a place in Majorca with a view so breathtaking I never want to go anywhere else, but I long to go to your part of Spain and will do so yet! When I'm heading your way, I'll let you know.

Comment

Yeah, let me know please! I could recommend you some lovely places of Granada and other cities.

Un saludo desde Espaأ±a!!!

Comment

Y no tienes algunos conocidos o familiares en Inglaterra que te podrian enviar libros de Mike desde alla?
                    Google ergo sum

Comment

Pues no, pero creo que irأ© a Inglaterra este aأ±o. El aأ±o pasado estuve en Nottingham, Leeds y Birmingham, durante una semana, pero como no conozco aquello muy bien, no pude encontrar nada. Aparte no tuve mucho tiempo libre. Pero este aأ±o o a principios del que viene volverأ©. Vives alli? En ese caso cuando vaya, te podria decir la ciudad a la que voy y a lo mejor podrias recomendarme alguna libreria, si fueras tan amable.

Da gusto escribir en espaأ±ol!

Comment

All Cards accepted.
                        Se acceptan todas tarjetas .... igual como todas idiomas.
                        Lamentablement no vivo en Inglaterra. Yo hizأ© lo mismo hace unos 30 aأ±os cuando querأ­a leer mas libros de Michael Moorccok: conocأ­ un estudiante en Sheffield que mandaba libros de vez en cuando. Casi era adicto, jeje.

No, yo vivo mas en el oriente, en el pais donde hacen, segأ؛n la gente, la mejor cerveza. Y lo encuentro divertido comunicarse en espaأ±ol por un cambio. Pero en la cuestion de los libros, pienso que vas a encontrar muy buena gente entre las britannicos que te van a ayudar sin duda. Solo me parece una verguenza qie tampoco en las grandes ciudades ni tienen una sola libreria que tiene libros en inglأ©s donde podrias ordenar las obras de Miguelito. Un seأ±or muy confiable es John Davey que te mandarأ، cualquier cosa conectada con Michael:

Jayde Design has a large selection of Michael Moorcock books and magazines for sale. Several hundred items, including many first editions, "Eternal Champion" omnibuses, scarce ''New Worlds'' issues, plus many other items...

For a full, printed for-sale list, or if you have specific wants, please e-mail: JaydeDesign @Compuserve.com
                        Bueno, te deso todo lo mejor, me despido porque me estan llamandan. (Tienes que disculpar errores que hago. Aprendi el espaأ±ol viajando por Sur Amأ©rica y casi nunca con gramatica en mano),
                        Saludos,
                        L'Etranger (El Extranjero)
                        Google ergo sum

Comment

Muchas gracias por tu inestimable ayuda. Tambien he visto que en Amazon de UK tienen muchos libros de Michael. Es la unica manera de poder seguir leyendo libros suyos, aunque sea en ingles.
                          Yo abandone la busqueda de sus libros hace tiempo porque estaba harto de entrar en cada libreria y que me tomaran por un pesado. Siempre me decian: estan descatalogados!!. Pero hace poco descubri esta pagina web, y he vuelto a iniciar la busqueda de libros del Maestro. Y ademas esta el mismo en persona! Sin duda esta pagina ha sido un gran descubrimiento para mi. Bueno, gracias por todo. Ah, y tu espaأ±ol es bueno.

Un saludo!

Comment

Interesante el uso de las palabras "alli" y "alla". Cuando escribأ­ "desde alla" obviamente tu pensaste que yo vivia en Inglaterra. Siempre me confunden esas pequeأ±as cosa, iqual como "aqui" y "acأ،".

Bueno, in case you need anything de allأ­ dejame saberlo.
                            y ahora tiempo para hacer un "golpe de estado"

Yes, everybody else, you will have guessed it by now. We have just seized a corner of Moorcock's Weekly Miscellany for the Spanish language and will hold on to it for dear life and not return it before the Limeys give back Gibraltar.
                            As a first measure we'll pull up a flag right here and now

You are expected to salute!
                            Google ergo sum

Comment

Oh, I'm saluting my friend, believe me... :twisted:

Buenos Cameron Diaz... or something like that

D...
                              "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Working...
                              X