Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

PH-UK/Michael Moorcock Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PH-UK/Michael Moorcock Interview

Hello, all.

Just to let you know that our webzine is finally up and running and that MM provided us with a rather spiffing interview. You can find it at www.ph-uk.co.uk :)

If you do check us out, please take a look around and give any feedback, either on here or our forum.

Big thanks again to Michael for helpng us get a great start! :D

P.S. Sorry to plug our site here - I won't do it again... promise!
    Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

Just read the interview. Great questions, and candid answers (no surprise there). I hope everything else turns out so successfully for you.

Comment

Thanks, Doc.

While on the subject, I must suggest people also read Dee's article Subobcom. He had me close to tears!

Thanks again.
      Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

Comment

I do like your new avatar! Great interview - and very interested to hear a producer is interested in Mother London.

Comment

Jeffrey Ford is next in line for the interrogation... I mean... interview.

Comment

Liked the interview. Thanks for posting!

Jules wrote:
            ...and very interested to hear a producer is interested in Mother London.
            Michael spoke about this a bit at Point Reyes. I'd love to see 'Mother London' make it to the big screen. It's one of my favorite novels. He did not seem too optimistic about it, however. Mike gave the impression that the producer's interest was a passing interest. Hopefully this is not the case.

He also mentioned that Mother London was the one work he did mostly for himself, as opposed to being asked to write something to pay the bills.
            \"No, I think Space is a dimension of Time. My theory is that Time is a field and that Space exists as an aspect of Time.\" Michael Moorcock

\"All I know about anything is \"I wasn\'t. I am. I will not be.\" Michael Moorcock

Comment

For anyone interested, Jeffrey Ford's interview is now up. :)

Comment

locus has a link on to PH-UK

http://www.locusmag.com/

cool :)

Comment

That's really cool. I believe I owe Jeffrey Ford the thanks, though. He mentioned he would e-mail them on our behalf.

Regardless - I didn't expect a link on the main page! :D

Comment

I enjoyed Ford's interview a lot. Also enjoyed his company in England. He is a very nice, smart guy. Good fun to be with.
                    One minor correction -- Mother London is by no means the only book I wrote from love, as it were -- in fact, I got the largest advance ever for Mother London! It was meant as a celebration of the best of my life and my home city, is what I was trying to get at. The Pyat books, now completed, have been my labour of conscience, if you like, and Mother London was written around the half-way point because I wanted to be away from the concentration camps, as it were, for a while. There are only one or two books, mostly from my early career, that I wrote just to keep the wolf from the door or to support some cause, which were written for money (the Kane of Old Mars books, for instance, and the original
                    Nick Allard stories). On the other hand, of course, as a working writer,
                    I do like to get paid for what I do and some books are more easily sold to the publisher than others! This last Elric book is being written for a whole lot of reasons, but I suspect money is quite a long way down the list as the impulse for writing the book. Sorry if that's a rather long answer to a short remark, but it's important to me that readers know while the occasional purely commercial decision has been made (I wrote the Sex
                    Pistols Rock 'n' Roll Swindle in about a week because I was broke, but it didn't stop me enjoying the process -- and I was able to air my own views about Malcolm and Co). Oh, and because I was in love with Irene Handl.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Oh, oh! Mike, while your around I have to say thankyou! You've been a real help in getting us started!

You know that pint of Murphy's you said you'd have? When do you want it? :D

Comment

My apologies for a poorly worded remark. Pints of Murphy's for all, on me!

Looking forward to seeing you in Berkeley.
                        \"No, I think Space is a dimension of Time. My theory is that Time is a field and that Space exists as an aspect of Time.\" Michael Moorcock

\"All I know about anything is \"I wasn\'t. I am. I will not be.\" Michael Moorcock

Comment

MJR, do you think you could send me mine via air-mail?

Comment

I will help you get rid of that Murphy's before it gets too warm, if you need the help...

:D

Comment

Working...
                            X