Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

eternal champion name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    re

i have tried many many places to find it ,seems to be the hardest one to find,i've got a couple of specialty stores looking it round here.she could have took anything,why the book??

Leave a comment:

• MasterGrazzt
    replied
    Re: ty

Originally posted by ceronious
    oh yeah is there anyway you can tell me how to get a copy of white wolf pub. hard cover , eternal champions? had it now its the only one missing out of the series
    [broken link]
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 02:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ty

ty for your approval.i have passed on to the guild and they are happy also.i've turned some people on to your work due to the game.people will ask where the guild name came from and they always tell them ask ceronious lol.like i said if you get a chance check us out and thank you again.

oh yeah is there anyway you can tell me how to get a copy of white wolf pub. hard cover , eternal champions? had it now its the only one missing out of the series

Leave a comment:

• JasonStarfire
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
    If Morrissey got happy he wouldn't be able to make a living.
    To be honest, the idea of Morrissey being happy seems a bit frightening to me.

Anyway, this discussion reminded me of a video game that came out in the early 1990s for the Sega Genesis called "Eternal Champions." I was a little disappointed when I found out what it was actually about... although it was a decent enough game to hold its own.

I often wondered, though, if there was any sort of licensing or copyright dispute there. It didn't seem like the use of the term was totally intentional. It struck me as being (yet) another instance of a Moorcock term being attributed to common tongue, or "aincent mythology."

Just something I dredged up from the ol' memory banks...

~JS...

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    If Morrissey got happy he wouldn't be able to make a living.
    I wasn't searching for happiness. I had a son at college nearby and some nieces growing up whom I hadn't seen much of. Now I have grandchildren I'm thinking of moving back to Europe. All very simple stuff...

Leave a comment:

• Everydayislikesunday
    replied
    I agree. You have coined many different word strings e.g. eternal champion etc. I am really glad to see that you are reasinable on this issue as well, unlike other AUTHORS erm Terry Goodkind being one who is self obsessed and thinks that anything he writes is copyright. However he seems to forget that all his fiction is based on his experiences and the other books, films etc he has read.

Also his whole series is almost spittining image of another set of books, made available before he wrote his first.

Good on you Mr Moorcock for having a balanced out look on your work and in your opinion of yourself.

Thanks, keep up the good work.

Just a quick question. Why did you leave England? Will you ever return?

Morrisey left England for LA. He is no happier because he took his problems with him. Just a thought!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Well we weren't really talking about words but combinations of words.
    It's how you combine them and in what context that I'd say defined the difference. To be honest, I'd say I'd already put a fair amount into the common pot.

Leave a comment:

• Everydayislikesunday
    replied
    I think the laws of copyright have gone mad.
    They are only words. Words are anyones. Shall I TM the word God?

I understand intellectual theft, but please....

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    The Eternal Champion is a TM of Multiverse Inc, along with a number of other names, insignia, titles and so on which relate to my stuff, so strictly you'd be treading on fairly dodgy ground by calling a site something like eternal. champions. On the other hand, since there is no deliberately commercial exploitation involved (which is the clincher for me) I can't see we'd be likely to start suing! I appreciate being asked and tend to take a different view of people who go ahead without asking.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic eternal champion name

eternal champion name

hello mr moorecock,i was wanting to ask you a question. i play everquest on the playstation2 and the name of our guild is the eternal champions. we already have a web page,[broken link], we have a real life pics page and some helpful things for other players to use. the only problem is that due to the fact that it is a geocities addy we get shut down due to the fact that we get so many hits a day.we are getting ready to apply for a dot com address and i just wanted to make sure that that wouldn't be a problem to you .so i guess that i'm asking permission.if you get a chance check out the site, we have pics of my backpiece that we've been working on[ if you look close on my right shoulder you'll see elric,p. craig russel's version]well thank you for your time and i'll check back for your response thank you 8)
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 02:30 PM.
Working...
X