Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

have i missed something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have i missed something?

Or has mr.moorcock not posted in a while?

Last I heard he was in L.A working on the Elric movie.Then headed up to the Bay Area in Marin county north of San Francisco.For a reading.

Comment

Yeah, MM's posts have been sporadic and sparse. He's currently in California trying to finish the final Elric novel (and having a bit of a rough time of it, from what I understand). I assume that's why he's not been by much.

He does also have another signing in Berkeley next month, by the way.
      "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
      --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
        He's currently in California trying to finish the final Elric novel (and having a bit of a rough time of it, from what I understand).
        Of course, I imagine the main sticking point is finding ways to put us all in there as cameo characters... It started of as an Elric book, with Jerico in it, but then Jerico's character grew and grew and might even get his own spin-off novel. He was edging Elric out, and Mr M wasn't sure the fans would go for that (Elric's fans that is, not Jerico's). With so many charismatic and heroic figures present on this forum it must be hard for him to give them all enough space on the page.

Sorry, I'll go now and take my delusions with me.

D...
        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

I dunno, Dee, it may not be entirely delusional to think there might be room for some trippy oracle who does all his divining through blackbirds and interesting drawings...

...no? Just me then.
          "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
          --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

I was hoping that
            Jerico would be the dungeon wretch in
            the story.

\"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
            Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Reminder:
              The signing at Dark Carnival
              in Berkeley is about a couple of weeks away.

August 8.

www.darkcarnival.com
              \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
              Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Hey,
                I want to be a dungeon wretch too!
                I can scream with the best and I could even break into song with "Breakin' The Law" or "The Ace Of Spades".
                The shackles make it hard to dance, so do not expect that of me.
                "But I'm tryin', Ringo, I'm trying real hard to be the shepard."

Comment

I want to be the mad old man babbling what appears to be nonsense in the corner, only to find that he has been am oracle, accurately predicing the future.

Comment

I want to be the crazy guy that only speaks in rhyme.

"The Mouse? The Mouse; he left our house. To ease is pain; he's down the drain!"

*chuckles*

(quote curtousey of Ladyhawke...and I can't spell..blah)
                    "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
                    --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Working...
                    X