Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The melancholy thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The melancholy thread

I think that also like "sardonic" the word "melancholy" is also used quite frequently in the elric saga. After reading so much M.M, you begin to use Sardonic and melancholy like crazy :)[/b]

Re: The melancholy thread

Originally posted by Lurue-Blackheart
    I think that also like "sardonic" the word "melancholy" is also used quite frequently in the elric saga. After reading so much M.M, you begin to use Sardonic and melancholy like crazy :)[/b]
    I mentioned this over on the sardonic thread. :)

Comment

Re: The melancholy thread

Originally posted by Lurue-Blackheart
      You're quite right. Stuff like this can happen. Perhaps you've noticed the phenomenon
      where reading ANY writer in quantity can cause one to start sounding like that writer --
      at least for a while, until it wears off. Such things can be innocuous or risible.

Well do I recall the time I wrote a technical paper in computer science while about
      half way through a reading of most of the novels of Henry James. The job of going
      back and editing out the Jamesian longeurs that I inadvertently dropped in was
      enough to make me careful about this sort of thing thereafter.

LSN

Comment

Is there a brooding thread.......? I think moodily is another...

Brooding moodily......hmmmmmm....

Comment

Don't forget "myriad"!

Comment

I knew a girl named Myriad.Ironically we tried a myriad of positions.

Comment

Get a jazz mag and a tissue matey!

Originally posted by Incubus
              I knew a girl named Myriad.Ironically we tried a myriad of positions.

Was that in your dreams then Incurablebus? :lol:

Comment

I dont remember being the one with the stained sheets baby.<><><><><><>Next wednesday I want you in just a bra and pantyhose.<><><><><><>And try and fall asleep in that spread eagle position again,that was great.<><><><><><>Why make you wait till wednesday ? I want you flowing like an ocean in anticepation.<><><><><><>Oh yes wednesday I'm pitching a tent already.

Comment

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

Perhaps this thread should be re-named!!!!!!!

I'm absolutely shocked, heh heh.

Comment

Working...
                  X