Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Corum and Tanelorn in Richmond, VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corum and Tanelorn in Richmond, VA

I was working for an apartment developer in 1985 and we had to submit two street names to the county for the new project. My boss threw me a bone and let me pick the names in lieu of a good salary.

I tried naming them after a girl I knew to score some points but they were rejected by the county for sounding like other existing street names. So I chose "Corum" and "Tanelorn". I checked google maps and they are still there. Type in Tanelorn, Richmond and you will see it.

This was my small contribution to the multiverse and paying homage to the Corum story. Those stories let me escape some bad realities at the time.

I have always wondered if anyone who lived there or ever saw the roads would make the connection. Let me know if you have seen it!

Dinsdale

I never lived there but I used to be through there a lot, and I drove past it a bunch of times but I never saw it!

Comment

Very cool!

Attached Files
      Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Oh my!

Comment

Awesome! Kudos to you, good sir.
          “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” - Albert Einstein

Comment

That is excellent.

In Canada we might have been able to start a village called Tanelorn way out in the north west territories. It would be hard work though creating a frontier town.

Comment

That's just great.
              Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

That's great. I saw a neighborhood last year where Mulder and Scully streets intersected. This is much better.

Comment

That is really sweet. I am very jealous.
                  Surely someone in the area gets the reference.
                  If not, I would be so sad.....
                  "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
                  --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

Dude.

I am driving down Corum Drive before I die.

Book it.
                    "When the Eleatics denied motion, Diogenes, as everyone knows, came forward as an opponent. He literally did come forward, because he did not say a word but merely paced back and forth a few times, thereby assuming that he had sufficiently refuted them."
                    - Sّren Kierkegaard

Comment

applause!!
                      Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
                      Bakunin

Comment

Kevin McCabe
                        The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

Wow! I wish I knew someone who lives in the area. I'd have them go take photos! Hope it isn't a slum now!
                          "Run to the hills! Run for your life!" But first; nap!sigpic

Comment

Ta Da!!!!!!

Courtesy of my friend Jen.

Comment

A Trip to Tanelorn...

Comment

Working...
                              X