Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Re: Eternal Champion Omnibuses on Fictionwise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Anonymous

Re: Eternal Champion Omnibuses on Fictionwise

Mr. Moorcock is there a way you can get Fictionwise (www.fictionwise.com) to sell your Eternal Champion series of Omnibuses in eBook Format? I searched their site and could only find "The Dreamthief's Daughter."
  • sigfpe
    Moonbeam Traveller
    • Aug 2004

eBooks

Let me second that request. I was going to post a similar question myself but did a google search on this site and found you'd asked already. I have so many books that retrofitting our house to make it able to survive their weight in the event of an earthquake is on our todo list! So electronic versions would be very welcome.

Incidentally, Mike recommended "Tales Before Tolkien" recently and it's nice to see it's actually available in ebook form.

Comment

• Michael Moorcock
      Site Host
      • Dec 2003

Sadly most of the publishers decided e-books weren't paying. Warner closed down their entire operation and fired the editor. So that's the short answer. And that, of course, is why other titles of mine haven't appeared as e-books from Warner. Clearly Bertelsmann, who own
      Bantam etc. think it's worthwhile continuing. I'm not sure why this is,
      having read no trade press on the subject for a while.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
      The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
      Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
      The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
      Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

• sigfpe
        Moonbeam Traveller
        • Aug 2004

Warner closing down a division it claims isn't making money? Hang on...that sounds familiar...oh yeah...I'm going for a job interview today because WB are closing down their visual effects company that I happen to work for...

ebooks are probably the future - it's just that the future doesn't seem to have arrived yet.

Comment

• Typhoid_Mary
          Little Voice
          • Jun 2004

ebooks are fine if you don't mind reading off a screen for hours, not so good if you like reading in the bath. :)

Good luck with the job interview sigfpe.

Comment

• sigfpe
            Moonbeam Traveller
            • Aug 2004

Ah! But ebooks are great when you want it to look like you're working, or when you're in a queue to get served in Safeway, or when you want to read under the covers in the middle of the night, or when you want to search for where that character whose description you've forgotten first appeared in the narrative, or when you can't wait even one minute to buy that book that's just been released!

Comment

Working...
            X