Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Still on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still on the road

Just to apologise to anyone who needs a reply from me. We're currently in Hollywood, discussing the Elric movie, and won't be settled for some days yet. أ?'ll get back to the Q&A first chance I get.
    MM

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Welcome to California!

Hope all is going well.
    \"No, I think Space is a dimension of Time. My theory is that Time is a field and that Space exists as an aspect of Time.\" Michael Moorcock

\"All I know about anything is \"I wasn\'t. I am. I will not be.\" Michael Moorcock

Comment

:)

Hope things go well in that other City of Dreams.

Have been watching thro' the appendices of the extended DVD of LotR I, and paying especial attention to how they accomplished what they did. Maybe it could be of some help in your Elric project.

Also getting a little nostalgic as Peter Jackson basically set up WETA DIGITAL in 93-94 that started the ball rolling at the same time I was engaged by Advanced Media Group who had ambitions to produce the Gormenghast CDRom. And Harry-bloody-Potter was but a twinkle in the eye of J K Rowling. If only my evil stepfather hadn't murdered our aunt and my affair had not gone so disastrously wrong. What could have been, huh?

But no use lamenting that any longer. I do have a future, perhaps a million possible futures.

I shall be contacting someone who is working in the new media to get some work experience and as I've been told many times before, 'It's out there you just gotta go and get it!'. My fat friend encourages me, too that I shouldn't think my age doesn't preclude me from making a sucessful career as an Animator citing Jack (a 70-year old Animator that came into the studio to help on Prince Valiant), I've still got copies of his sea. Maybe our paths will cross again, mr M?(should have really gone to that book-signing of yours in '89, tush I'm being self-pitying again :( )

Anyhow I shall compose that letter to Mr Holdstock, but I've got to phrase it right in the hope to inspire him to pursue making Mythago Wood.

Forgive the informal tone, :oops: and my embarassing personal revelations, and really hope that Hollywood has been sincerely welcoming to you.

PS. RE:see Under Mayan Skies post
      \'You know my destiny?\' said Elric eagerly. \'Tell me what it is, Niun Who Knew All.\'
      Niun opened his mouth as if to speak but then firmly shut it again. \'No,\' he said. \'I have forgotten.\'

Comment

M, difficult getting in touch... yet LMS should check emails concerning certain decisions regarding windows in hot place.
        As ever, XX

Comment

HI MM

Apparantly you livein Texas these days. WHat made you leave England.

Comment

Obviously Mr M will be able to give a better answer than I can, but the subject has come up before, and I believe he said that the move was family-related... there was a branch of his family in Texas he wanted to be near... possibly in-laws? I forget exactly, but it wasn't to "get away" from Britain as far as I recall, and he did mention possibly moving back someday.

Er... yes, Mr M will definitely be able to give a better answer than that. Sorry.

D...
            "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

I can somewhat recall that post Dee was referring to as well.
              MM said that his son (or someone else in his family) was going to school
              nearby his current town in Texas, and his wife has family
              in the states as well. Thus, it was a win-win situation
              for both of them. But since Texas has declined since he moved
              here, and he is far from relatives in the UK, he mentioned that
              he might move again.

--Jer
              \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
              Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Yes, it was relatives which made us select Austin as a good base. Now those relatives have mostly moved away so we're thinking of returning to Europe, at least for part of the time. I'm more likely at this stage to select Paris, however, over London. I need some city, that's for sure. After that, i'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Paris? That's weird. I definitely remember Mr M saying that he'd move to Dorset and take me on as his protege... everyone else remembers that thread, right? His post came just after the one from PJ Harvey asking me to a BBQ and impromptu jam session... no?

Poop. :(

D...

Comment

Oh yes, Paris will be great, for all the french fans, at least. ;)

Comment

Paris is a good choice, I'm sure.
                      Google ergo sum

Comment

I'm a trainee-Francophile, so I say: Paris, yay!!

However, I've just read an article that claims over 600 Parisians end up in hospital every year as a result of slipping on dog poop. Can that possibly be true? :?

D...

Comment

No, DCS, that was just a big pile of shit.
                          \"Killing me won\'t bring back your apples!\"

Comment

Tale of two(turd) cities

"Merde!"

8O

"Evitez le merde de chien, M. Moorcock ou voyager partout ou tu allez par l'automobile ou le volant de cheval "

excusez-moi mon franglais
                            I don't know why people keep half-wild wolves in cities anyhow. What is it with mankind and his dog? Womankind and her scratchy cats? Little horrible kids and their toads and rats, Gerbils and Terrapins? What's up with this crazy planet???
                            \'You know my destiny?\' said Elric eagerly. \'Tell me what it is, Niun Who Knew All.\'
                            Niun opened his mouth as if to speak but then firmly shut it again. \'No,\' he said. \'I have forgotten.\'

Comment

Mike:

Move to NYC maybe?
                              :D

CK

Comment

Working...
                              X