Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Has MM been on tv radio papers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miqque
    replied
    Faugh! It just depends on the writer. Most aren't entertaining, and actually have to be drugged out from under their rock to make a public appearance.

(Yeah, I meant "drugged", not "dragged". I no how to spel.)

Like I heard a producer say, when asked how do you clean up a writer so they can go on tv, "First you make a long slit up the belly..."

It was a real pity about that accident he had soon after.

Look at it this way, which would you rather do, a talk show? Or Cops?

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Depends on the beard!
    Could I go on Tara ?
    Ellen would be good, too. But don't forget the story of the Polish starlet. She's the one who slept with the writer.
    Writers rarely get on TV...

Leave a comment:

• Miqque
    replied
    Now, Mike, once Elric gets greenlighted (greenlit?) you'll need to do some PR. So, whose show would you like to be on? First thought of mine (speaking US only) is Charlie Rose. I'm also thinking Craig Ferguson, as he's more savvy to comics/fantasy media than the rest of the lot. I'm not sure if one of those 200-minute-long satellite interviews would be all that synchronous with you, for after answering the same question about fifty times I am quite afraid you might snap. (Me, it'd be after the same question three or four times - I'm actually complimenting you on your patience .)

I'm also sure you could be one of the rare authors that could add a "performance". You read so well that if you chose an excerpt from one of your works that is either quite gripping or quite funny (or quite politically commenting) that it would become a bit more than the usual third-guest spot.

Another good possibility is Ellen DeGeneres for a daytime slot.

What do you think? Do beards work well on the teevee?

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Yeah. There were quite a few more from that Blood tour, too. And quite a few which accompanied our Jerusalem Commands tour. The lists leaves out regional appearances and, I think, US appearances, such as several appearances and readings on Austin PBS. And all the radio stuff from last year's Vengeance of Rome publicity or, indeed, the material from that programme about, I think, future Britain (or maybe London). There was also an audio version, I think, of the 'Battle of the Beards' at the Vanbrugh Theatre with me and Alan Moore.
    I certainly was on TV for Gloriana. Yehudi Menuhin proved disappointingly egocentric. Caroline Slaughter was very nice. Think it could have been The Book Programme. I was also on another programme with Terry Jones about The Great Rock and Roll Swindle.

Leave a comment:

• Tales from Tanelorn
    replied
    Mike, I very vaguely remember seeing you for the first time on the TV many years ago, maybe the program was called the book program?
    There were a couple of reviewers arguing that you didnt need to choose a fantasy setting to tell the story.
    Unfortunately, I am not sure which book it was either, perhaps Gloriana.
    Last edited by Tales from Tanelorn; 03-05-2007, 01:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Marca
    replied
    This might be the list you're referring to Mike, from Lapis' homepage?

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Less now than I used to. There's a list somewhere, I know, of known TV appearances. These days, I'm inclined to turn down TV invitations, though I recently did an interview for a Hawkwind documentary because it seemed more interesting than most. Much of what I've had to say has wound up on the cutting room floor because it doesn't fit with the arguments (usually specious) being made by the documentary makers, so I decided after a while to stop doing it. I was on a BBC radio documentary fairly recently and on various radio programmes to publicise The Vengeance of Rome.

Leave a comment:

• Yisselda
    started a topic Has MM been on tv radio papers?

Has MM been on tv radio papers?

Has MM ever appearred on tv? Like interwiews roles etc? I can get digital and i wondered if he will ever be on it. I ve more chance of seeing him on sky i know but , not gonna be buying that. Has he ever appearred on radio, in papers etc? I would have thought that he ll be doing pr and stuff when the elric movie comes out. :twisted:
Working...
X