Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

meeting for dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Governor of Rowe Island
    replied
    Thanks Berry, you're a gentleman.
    If any one wants an invite, let me know and I'll be more than happy to pass them on. Once I've set it up, that is, and worked out how to.

Leave a comment:

• Whiskers
    replied
    P.S. You guys have to share your future invites with other people here at the forum too. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Whiskers
    replied
    I just sent PWV and GRI gmail invites. I have 4 more left. Let me know if you need one and I'll send an invite.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    my email, as requested

[email protected]

Leave a comment:

• Governor of Rowe Island
    replied
    Yeah! I want one too. We know you know lots of things we don't Berry, can't you just share this one thing with us? Pretty please?

Leave a comment:

• PsychicWarVeteran
    replied
    Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
    ...consider signing up for a gmail.com account.
    Berry! I have been trying for ages to get one! How is it done? All I get is:

"As we're in a testing period, we don't have more details for when Gmail will be made widely available, but we thank you for your interest in Gmail. In the meantime, if you'd like to be updated about Gmail, feel free to submit your email address below. Please note, however, that this is not a waiting list for accounts. We will only use your email to send you more information about Gmail."

(emphasis theirs, by the way)

If you know how I can snag me a gmail account, email me and let me know, k?

Sorry to invade your thread, witchboy.

*PWV cowls himself and skulks off, muttering something about wanting the shakes to stop*

Leave a comment:

• Whiskers
    replied
    Dear Guest,

The easiest way to get your email to Mike is to create a profile for yourself. I avoid negotiating contacts for Mike as it will lead to confusion and delays in communication between all parties involved. If you are concerned about the whole world having your real email address, consider signing up for a gmail.com account.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Can you get me your email address somehow ?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    mr. moorcock,

hope you had a great holiday. me and 3 of my friends--all of whom grew up as elric fans--would still really love to take you to dinner, if you're up for it. (at your convenience and on us, of course.)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    no problem

that's alright. i'll try again then.

(might give me time to finish the mervyn peake biography you wrote the intro for...)

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Looks like it'll be after Christmas now. Our plans have changed somewhat since we got home. Sorry, pard!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    alright, mr. moorcock:

are you back in the austin area? still up for the food and conversation?

the ides of november are upon us.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    meeting in november

all right, will do.
    i will contact you again in november.

thanks.

harvey smith

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    I do.
    But we won't be settled back in the area until at least the middle of November.
    Stay in touch. I'm always grateful for a free meal... :)

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic meeting for dinner

meeting for dinner

mr. moorcock:

i was greatly influenced as a child by the elric series. i live in austin, tx, and i would love to buy you dinner in bastrop (or wherever) one evening in exchange for casual conversation.

i always intended to meet a few of my heroes; i always just assumed i'd get around to it. roger zelazny's death robbed me of one opportunity. i would love to sit down with you for an hour or so, just to chat.

do you still accept these sorts of invitations?

--harvey smith
Working...
X