Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Which IS the sequel to Autumn Stars??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    No. I gave it to him. It's a huge mss.

Leave a comment:

• manmiles
    replied
    So there is a third original Von Bek novel somewhere.

Whatever happened to this guy in Cornwell, is it missing long enough to be classified as 'half-inched'?

Leave a comment:

• Numazel
    replied
    Well i'm reading the british omnibus edition of Von Bek atm, and the third book in it is called "The Pleasure Garden of Felipe Sagittarius", i've also noticed that in the White Wolf omnibuses that The Dragon in the Sword is #3, i've decided that i'll probably just buy a seperate copy it, but i was wondering if i should read Pleasure Garden or The Dragon in the Sword first, any insight would be helpful.

Leave a comment:

• Jagged
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
    you might also want to wonder about the identity of one whom some call Jacque D'Acre or Jack Dacre or John...
    Makes me think if the Daker hero may also have incarnated as a French heroine...

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    No, that material is still 'lost'. That is, one bloke in Cornwall has it in a manuscript I gave him years ago and hasn't had time or money to get it copied yet!
    However, the City features significantly in The White Wolf's Son and you might also want to wonder about the identity of one whom some call
    Jacque D'Acre or Jack Dacre or John...

Leave a comment:

• GreatOldOne
    started a topic Which IS the sequel to Autumn Stars??

Which IS the sequel to Autumn Stars??

Mike, I wonder if you could clarify something for me?

I read once that there was a proposed third von Bek fantasy novel taken from cut sections from “City in the Autumn Stars�. This was dumped, though, and replaced with “Dragon in the Sword� which seems to me as much the third von Bek book as it does the third John Daker.

Reading “The Dreamthief’s Daughter� though, that also seems like a continuation of “Autumn Stars� - did any of this “lost material� find its way into either novel?
Working...
X