Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Reading and Signing in N.California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading and Signing in N.California

I am now booked to do a reading and a signing at 7.30 pm Point Reyes Books, Point Reyes, California on 17th July 2004. It's a beautiful part of the country, in an area of protected seashore and I'd recommend the area for a day out!

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Hmmm, been wondering when would be a good time to visit my wife's family in northern California... now I have a date to work with! Cool!

Here is the website for Point Reyes Books, in case anyone needs an address or whatever:

http://www.ptreyesbooks.com/

Point Reyes is about an hour north of San Francisco.
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Probably too far for Jer :(

I'm sure Krunky will be there.
      \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
      Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

I'll also be doing a couple of signings in the Bay area in August, one at Dark Carnival, Berkeley. I'll try to keep people informed here.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
        The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
        Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
        The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
        Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Ok great! I will make the one in Berkeley!
          I have a friend I can go visit there also!

::Hurrah!::jumping up and down:: :D
          \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"

Comment

Originally posted by Jerico
            Probably too far for Jer
            Dude, I feel you. I'm in Seattle. I'm gonna try my best to make it, though. Turns out the wife can't take vacation until August, so I'm on my own. 8O
            "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
            --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

There's no way I'm going to be able to get there, so would someone mind going in my place? All they'd have to do is introduce themself as me, and then ask a really intelligent and insightful question... and then buy everyone a drink... obviously I wouldn't do any of that myself, but the make-believe version of me would. Any takers?

Or those of us who can't attend could make finger-puppets of ourselves and... er... no, that wouldn't be very good either. I guess I'll just have to try that pesky astral projection again.

D...
              "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Very Cool! 8) There's a good possibility Lisa and I will be up in Alameda visiting her family at that time. If so, we'll make plans to attend. Point Reyes is close by. Would be great to see others from MWM there. Looking forward to it! Thanks for the update!
                \"No, I think Space is a dimension of Time. My theory is that Time is a field and that Space exists as an aspect of Time.\" Michael Moorcock

\"All I know about anything is \"I wasn\'t. I am. I will not be.\" Michael Moorcock

Comment

Lucky devil, Marc!

Comment

not sure if it will happen yet, but would be great if it does...I'll be shootin' for it.
                    \"No, I think Space is a dimension of Time. My theory is that Time is a field and that Space exists as an aspect of Time.\" Michael Moorcock

\"All I know about anything is \"I wasn\'t. I am. I will not be.\" Michael Moorcock

Comment

I think MM was at Dark Carnival last year for the release of an Elric novel and I missed that one...I shouldn't be so lazy, but ofttimes I am. Actually, I have never seen MM at Dark Carnival now that I think on it. But if he ever saw it, I contributed the slightly water damaged "underground" poster for "The Final Programme" that Dark Carnival used to display when they were still on Shattuck (should be "shuh-Took" like an Eskimo might say - instead everyone says "sh-attic"). That was while I was attending UC Berkeley.

I should probably go and see how many of the White Wolf hardcovers they are still stocking and if I feel like buying any.

Wait! My eyes have cleared and I now realize that I can go as Crow Seer! So instead of "Hi - I'm Krunky" - with all of the sour stares that will attend that announcement, I can say "Hi - I'm Da Crow Seer" - and everyone will just worshipfully grovel at my feet. Men and women alike will be mine to command. "Yes, it's alright - you may kiss my power rings..."

Ha ha ha ha ha ha...

Comment

Most definitely!
                        I intend to make the Berkely signing.
                        (If I'm not crazy enough to travel to Point Reyes)

I was just on Mapquest and it would take me
                        about 8.5 hours to drive there. that's way too
                        long just to go to a booksigning!!
                        I would have to plan a trip to visit relatives
                        that I haven't seen in over a decade!
                        "Hi, Auntie and cousins! Yeah, I just have
                        the burning urge to come and visit. It's been
                        too long!"
                        Well, the thing that sparked it was the desire to
                        see me favorite writer!
                        ::Jer thinks to himself::

:?
                        I'd hate to subject myself "the relatives phenomenon"...
                        "Why are you not married yet?"
                        "Do you have a girlfriend?"
                        "Oh, you gained weight."
                        yadda yadda yadda

Yeah and I'm probably due for a rectal examination.
                        Would anyone care to try? I don't know any doctors in this area.

:roll: It's not so bad is it? Maybe I'm socially inept in that way

Comment

Originally posted by krunky
                          "Yes, it's alright - you may kiss my power rings..."

Ha ha ha ha ha ha...
                          Power rings? Where does one get those, these days?
                          By winning a Power Rangers contest?
                          By eating Cracker Jacks?
                          The "spiritual lady" who sells trinkets at the corner market??

Comment

I have a plastic Green Lantern ring! Does that count?

How about some silver human and bird skull rings? What are the odds I will wear my leathers if the heat wave keeps up?

Comment

Working...
                            X