Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Law vrs Chaos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law vrs Chaos

How come no one is talking about stuff here? Guess I'll need to get the ball rolling, though I am but a humble Sailor on the Sea of Fate.
    So, the basic thing is Michael Moorcock's Law verses Chaos. Personally, I think that this is a bit of Good verses Evil and exstistentalism. Like the Christian idea of good verses evil, the forces of Law and Chaos fight a never ending war. However, not how it is Law and Chaos, not Good and Evil. Moorcock is odviously stearing this away as both have there good points. Take a comparison of Moorcock's own Corum and Ken Kesey's One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. Corum live in a world of negative Chaos, were he fights for Law. McMurphy however, lives in a world of negative Law, were he works to bring Chaos. Moorcock's Law verses Chaos shows two sides of the same coin.
    I'm sorry if people find this redundent. Does anyone have any questions?

Hi, those are good questions - however, since this is a 'technical' forum, I think what is meant here by 'Themes' is actually the different appearences that this site will eventually have rather than the content of Mike's books.

To give you an idea of what I mean, here are some site themes that a member came up with while the site was in hiatus earlier this year:

The idea is that readers can choose the theme they want the site to look like when they visit.

At the moment, however, these are just ideas - they aren't yet implemented. There are a lot of other things that are waiting as well to be activated. Because the site is basically run on a volunteer basis, often these things happen when they happen.

But that aside - your post is an extremely good one. May I suggest re-posting it in the Moorcock's Multiversal Manuscripts ◦ Mike's Books forum? I'm sure you'll get some good responses there.
    Last edited by David Mosley; 11-24-2006, 03:17 PM.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Here's a Jerry Cornelius theme that our designer (Peasily) came up with as well:

_"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

How do I repost this?

Comment

All I meant was just copy 'n' paste the text into a new thread/post in the suggested forum. Sorry there's no fancy or clever way of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley
            Here's a Jerry Cornelius theme that our designer (Peasily) came up with as well
            That is brilliant. It definitely gets my vote.

Comment

How do I cut and past a thread?

Comment

Originally posted by The Mythanian
                How do I cut and past a thread?
                Sorry, I obviously haven't been clear enough above. You can't physically MOVE a thread once it's been posted; you need to be an Administrator or Moderator to do that. (I could move your post for you but then there'd be no context for my replies, so I don't want to do that.)

All I'm suggesting is you start a NEW thread in the MMM forum and simply COPY - not cut incidentally - the text of your initial post into it.

If that's still confusing, let me offer these steps:

1) Highlight all the text in the first post (here), right-clight and 'Copy' it.
                2) Go to the Moorcock's Multiversal Manuscripts ◦ Mike's Books forum
                3) Click the button
                4) (Right-click and) Paste the text you copied into the Text Field
                5) Type 'Law vrs Chaos' in the Title Field
                6) Click the 'Submit New Message' button at the bottom
                7) Sit back and wait for the responses to roll in.

I think you're thinking what I'm suggesting is more complicated than it actually is. Basically, start a new message in the correct forum and type your question again.

Let me know if that still doesn't make sense.

Comment

I got it, it's up. So what do we do with this?

Comment

Apologies for disappearing for some months without giving word.

I still have all these graphics if they are ever needed...
                    Last edited by Peasily; 02-22-2007, 01:47 PM.

Comment

<Smith>Welcome back, Mr Peasily. We missed you.</Smith>

Yep, I think new themes for the site are one of the things we want to push ahead with in 2007, so I'm sure we'll be in touch sooner or later.

Comment

Thanks. I missed everyone too.

I've a few other themes in mind, that I'll have to take a crack at and display here.

Comment

So good to see you again, Pease.
                          Looking forward to seeing your work again, too.

We missed you very much.
                          Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
                          -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

happy return Peasily !

Comment

Working...
                            X