Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Image Hive Needs You!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Image Hive Needs You!

The Image Hive (IH) needs you to help make it as informative as possible.

Some of the images are missing credits for cover artists, translators, publishers, titles even.

Any information you have, for any image in the IH will be gratefully received, and if you have any images you can add, then please do. Oren Douek recently identified the only Hebrew edition of Mike's work in the IH, and then kindly gave us another. Voilodion_Ghagnasdiak deserves a special mention for his additions to the Hawkwind album, too. Submissions from members have greatly swelled the size of the gallery, and along the way has helped shed some light on Mike's very early work.

Do you have any of the missing information? If you do, please post it in the comments of the image or post it here in the IH forum. Thank you.

You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Its my pleasure Gov. Thanks for the kind word.
    Ive recently entered:
    Take Me To Your Future
    Twice Upon A Time
    Prophets Of Time
    Roadhawks

I forgot to log in again, but the images did upload.
    Keep On Truckin.

Comment

Hey Gov. There are 8 more images c/w track listings ready for the Rock&Roll hive.
      What Now My Brethren That Live In The Egg?

Comment

Right you are, v-g. I will get around to it!
        You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Guv, God bless Google! I've managed to identify that unknown foreign edition in the Hive as a Czech edition of The Eternal Champion, published (I think) by Laser Books in 2004:

http://www.laser-books.cz/knihy/mmvb.htm

There are also covers for The Runestaff books , if you follow the links at the bottom of the page, underneath the main text.
          Last edited by Marca; 10-15-2006, 01:48 PM.
          'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Nice work, Marca! (Went to call you Aral, then. )

Originally posted by Marca
            God bless Google!
            I remember when Krzysiek, added the Polish editions, the only one he said was missing was 'Behold The Man.' One google search later using the Polish name and there it was.

I may try the same using the Czech names to see if I can find any larger images.

Thanks again.

Comment

A big thank you to gynta for adding a whole load of new covers for the German Editions album. I think this makes up for the ones we lost when we were hacked. Thank you. gynta.

Marca I found a whole load of other Czech covers along with info relating to them. Unfortunately I lost them all when my mother-board died.

On the bright side, my ISP supplies its own browser and stores my bookmarks online, so I shouldn't have any trouble finding them again.

Comment

It's a pleasure to give something back to this community for the joy I have each time I read a comment by Mr Moorcock and to see how close he is to his fans. And if I can do that by scanning the covers of some old books I own I just do that.

But I accidentally uploaded 12 images twice so they're each two times in the german book covers section. Here's a list of those images.

German_Bane_Of_The_Black_Sw.jpg
                German_Dreamthief's_Daughte.jpg
                German_Fortress_Of_The_PeHC.jpg
                German_Fortress_Of_The_PeTP.jpg
                German_Revenge_Of_The_Rose.jpg
                German_Rituals_Of_Infinity2.jpg
                German_Steel_Tsar.jpg
                German_Stormbringer.jpg
                German_Tales_Of_The_White_W.jpg
                German_Vanishing_Tower.jpg
                German_Warlord_Of_The_Air1.jpg
                German_Warlord_Of_The_Air2.jpg

Sorry to cause this inconvenience, but I thought the images hadn't uploaded propperly, so I did it again.
                And there's still more. At least 20 more books whose covers I'll scan and upload, maybe more. As I said, a pleasure.

Comment

That reminds me I need to re-upload my German editions of the Cornelius novels.
                  _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                  _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                  _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                  _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

David, could you tell me what covers you want to upload? I don't want to cause any more double images in the hive.

Comment

Originally posted by gynta
                      But I accidentally uploaded 12 images twice so they're each two times in the german book covers section. Here's a list of those images.

Sorry to cause this inconvenience, but I thought the images hadn't uploaded propperly, so I did it again.
                      And there's still more. At least 20 more books whose covers I'll scan and upload, maybe more. As I said, a pleasure.
                      Don't worry about such mistakes. It's easy to delete those duplicates. And thank you so much for the contribution. You add to the pleasure of others, which is a fitting outcome for your own pleasure and to ours.
                      Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

David, could you tell me what covers you want to upload? I don't want to cause any more double images in the hive.
                        Probably easier if I show you - look here and here. Can I just echo RdF's comments and say thanks for sharing.

PS. I've moved most (all?) the dup' covers to the Hive Trash Can.
                        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

You only missed one: Dreamthief's Daughter. Now it looks better again. And your Jerry Cornelius copies seem to be in better condition than mine. Too much moving on my part, I guess.

I'll post some info on the books here.

Miss Brunners letztes Programm:
                          German edition of "The Final Programme", published 1981 by Bastei Verlag. Cover Artist: Patrick Woodroffe, illustrated by Malcolm Dean

Das Cornelius-Rezept:
                          German edition of "A Cure For Cancer", published 1981 by Bastei Verlag. Cover Artist: Patrick Woodroffe, illustrated by Malcolm Dean

Ein Mord für England
                          German edition of "The English Assasin", published 1981 by Bastei Verlag. Cover Artist: Patrick Woodroffe, illustrated by Richard Glyn Jones

Das Lachen des Harlekin
                          German edition of "The Condition Of Muzak", published 1982 by Bastei Verlag. Cover Artist: Patrick Woodroffe, illustrated by Richard Glyn Jones

Entropie-Tango
                          German edition of "The Entropy Tango" and "The Distant Suns", published 1982 by Bastei Verlag. Cover Artist: ????, illustrated by Romain Slocombe

I thought the covers look a bit naked without any information.

Comment

I thought the covers look a bit naked without any information.
                            Indeed. The current Hive is actually the second iteration of the the original Image Gallery, and in its current incarnation doesn't display the information that we put into the IG as well as it used to. However, I think the 'Gallery' interface is due for a 'face-life' in the near/mid-future (unless I've misunderstood RdF), which will hopefully mean that we can display covers and their descriptions better.

Comment

Thank you again gynta. I don't have time at the moment but I will add the info you have supplied.

Comment

Working...
                              X