Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Behold the Elric!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behold the Elric!

http://www.multiverse.org/index.php?...2_itemId=69085

The Hebrew book is Elric of Melniboné, not Behold the Man.

Who should I contact to fix this and how?

You just have.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Thanks Oren. You've just given me an idea for a sticky.
      You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Ok, so here's the second volume in Hebrew, entitled "Elric in the Sea of Fate", released this year:

Comment

Great stuff, Oren.

I had a look at your picture and got carried off on a tangent. I ended up finding out the name of the Finnish book in the same album, along with two other Finnish cover images, including this rather fetching 'War Hound...' -

And I started searching by language using google advanced search!

Still haven't got round to wording that sticky though!
          You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

You got me curious about that sticky.

Good job on the Finnish. While I do speak one Finno-Ugric language, I can't really understand anyhting in Finnish. I guess the fact the relation between Hungarian and Finnish dates some 6000 years back might explain why!

Comment

I've added some new Hebrew Moorcock editions to the Image Hive today: see Hebrew Editions.
              _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
              _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
              _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
              _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Nice work, David.

I wonder what I was going to put in that sticky I mention above?
                Last edited by Governor of Rowe Island; 08-17-2011, 07:46 AM. Reason: Sp.

Comment

Working...
                X