Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Hawkwind album tidied!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawkwind album tidied!!!

Hey voilodion!

I finally got round to tidying the images in the 'Hawkwind' album.

I deleted the older comments as you said and edited the description and summary fields. I have also arranged them in chronological order by release date.

I left your track listings in the comments, v_g, they are right beneath the image there and your valuable contribution is credited. If anyone posts further comments, thus bumping them down the page a bit... Well, I'll work out what to do then.

Let me know what you think about the changes.
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

It is Antiseptically Clean Gov. and chronology works fine for me just as it did for Karl Glogauer. I’m glad to see that you could get a short break-away from work and do something that you enjoy. If everything is copacetic I will keep uploading images with the credits listed under the comments heading. I don’t like leaving you with such a dishevelled, disarray of info but I don’t know of any more “user friendly” method of uploading the images and track listings. Another question I have to ask is in regards to other artists affiliated with Mike. Should I just post the information and let you assemble it into appropriate categories or would you like me to be more definitive? I would also like to post some images of Moorcock music on film considering there is no such category as of yet.
    The images of cover art from Mike’s books is freaking deadly!
    Thanks to Dave Mosley, Governor Of Rowe Island, Psychic War Veteran, Reinart der Fuchs, Madrigal Rose, Lemec, John Effay and any other CHAOS Engineers that I haven’t mentioned for making this such an enjoyable plane to manifest into on a daily basis.
    Can I suggest that you post a blog on the welcome page listing the names of all the site moderators so that we Moorcockians can give credit where and when it is due.

I am going to see Harvey Bainbridge’s The Empire Of Night tour on Sat/Oct/14/06 in Ohio. I usually bang into Harvey whenever I go to his gigs so if anyone from the UK wants me to pass a message on to him I’d be more than happy to oblige.

http://www.strange-trips.com/docs/
    Last edited by voilodian ghagnasdiak; 09-09-2006, 04:08 PM.

Comment

voilodian ghagnasdiak,

Thanks so much for the image additions! Very cool!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

You are welcome Lemec.
        Do you not think that a who's-who moderator list would be a good idea? (Especially for newbies.)
        Last edited by voilodian ghagnasdiak; 09-10-2006, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Young Lemec edited VG's post above rather than 'quoting' it - hence the odd question/answer combo.

There is a page that details who the mods/admins are but I'm not sure if there's an obvious shortcut to it:

http://www.multiverse.org/fora/showgroups.php

I think there has been a general consensus on the mod team not to explicitly advertise who is and who isn't a mod so as not to create a 'us & them' authoritarian hierarchy - this probably extends to not having separate icons for mods & admins as well. As I say, it's a only 'general consensus' rather than a unanimous decision, but for the time being at least I think the current situation is going to remain the status quo. Sorry.
          Last edited by David Mosley; 09-10-2006, 09:03 AM.
          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

I apologize, for the edit.

I removed VG's double post,and thought sure that I pressed quote.

I better take my statement out and put it here.

Thanks!

-Lemec

(That is my example of what not to do. )

lemec wrote:
            That is a good question,VG.

(I see where is could be helpful or not helpful, but it is best, I think, to leave it set up as it is. So, my answer is,no. imo)

I believe that there will not be such a list.

-but, somewhere on here I came across a link that said,"Forum Leaders" or some such thing, it must be there as default, it shows who the moderators are. (unless, it has been removed.)

Thanks!

-Lemec

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
            - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Alright David Mods and Rockers it'll be then..
              You are the mods..
              You are the mods..
              You are, You are, You are the mods.

I'll gladly take Black Leather and a Norton over an Army Drab Parka and a Vespa.

Comment

Originally posted by voilodian ghagnasdiak
                If everything is copacetic I will keep uploading images with the credits listed under the comments heading. I don’t like leaving you with such a dishevelled, disarray of info but I don’t know of any more “user friendly” method of uploading the images and track listings.
                You keep adding them and we'll be happy to sort them out. Not too sure about easier ways of adding info. The file name goes straight into the title field at the moment and I have to edit the image to give it it's proper name.

Another question I have to ask is in regards to other artists affiliated with Mike. Should I just post the information and let you assemble it into appropriate categories or would you like me to be more definitive? I would also like to post some images of Moorcock music on film considering there is no such category as of yet.
                Like I said, the more the merrier. And the more information we have the better.
                You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Originally posted by voilodian ghagnasdiak

You are, You are, You are the mods.

I'll gladly take Black Leather and a Norton over an Army Drab Parka and a Vespa.
                  Just so long as we don't have to start listening to The Jam

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley
                    There is a page that details who the mods/admins are but I'm not sure if there's an obvious shortcut to it:

http://www.multiverse.org/fora/showgroups.php
                    I've noticed that the main link to this page can be found on the main Forum page at the bottom of the actual forums by following the link View Forum Leaders.
                    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

There are more HW images ready in the upload gallery. The reason for the duplicate images is due to the fact that I found larger clearer copies after making my original post. If you check out the latest WOTEOT pic entered, you'll notice that it is almost twice the size and clarity of the present post. The brown, wooden shield that has the words CHAOS engraved on it is the inside of the WOTEOT foldout lp sleeve. (John Effay will recognize it)
                      Thank you mods
                      Last edited by voilodian ghagnasdiak; 09-12-2006, 12:24 AM.

Comment

No, thank you Herr v_g.

Would anyone have any objections if I put two albums/folders in the 'Hawkwind' Album, one for audio releases and one for the DVD cover images voilodian has added?

Should we change it to Hawkwind and related to accommodate the 'Robert Calvert' album cover image uploaded? Or would people prefer a seperate album for those images. God knows where I'll put the 'Best of Hawkwind Friends & relations' image if we go that way, though!

Comment

I myself would prefer it if you could keep it simple Gov, considering the complexity of the Moorcock/Hawkwind/Friends And Relations history. Mike has always been heavily involved in Hawkwind's music regardless as to whether or not he was an acting musician in the band or providing them with a concept through his writing. If you would prefer to have a Friends & Relations category, that would be fine. I'm sure that Mike would enjoy browsing through it whenever he has a spare moment or two.

Comment

I'm coming down on the side of everything in one album. Though perhaps keeping audio and visual releases seperate. 'Hawkwind Friends & Relations' sums it up really. Whenever anyone went off to do a solo record, half the band ended up helping them with it, so it's pretty academic where Hawkwind ends and becomes a different band...

Comment

Why not embed one album inside the other? That way they're all together yet seperate at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                              X