Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What bugs me is ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug: What bugs me is ...

I am not yet happy that there's obviously no way to add information to the images about their origins, photographers etc.
    Forgive if I seem copyright obsessed, but these things are not unimportant.
    Last edited by The Cosmic Balance; 10-09-2008, 02:31 AM. Reason: Bug prefix added
    Google ergo sum

LE, have a look at this link and tell me if it's doing the sort of thing that you're referring to:

http://www.multiverse.org/imagehive/...2_itemId=68297

The information just needs to be put in the 'Description' field of each image. I agree that it's something that needs to be done where possible.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Hmmm, David, this particular image has correct and satisfactory info on origins and copyright etc in the field above the picture/cover.
      Very often it isn't so, especially in the section of "Michael Moorcock the Man".
      "Ownership" is stated which is of course completely misleading. You may own a picture, but have no rights on it.
      Many of the goodies of the 70's with the cap and all have no information and others just a little like "Photo by Linda Moorcock". Variations of the latter have sometimes obscure titles like "moorcocktexas" (although it was taken in Spain) or those of MM standing before the tree just say "1997 Locus 442 cover".
      One should standardise this eventually so that if someone were to write an article, online or in print, and can ask the right people for permission, pay the correct photographer or his/her heirs, can date it correctly etc.

But I don't want to cause you much work one day before ... was it Assumption of Mary, or some other special day, my friend?
      Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by L'Etranger
        Very often it isn't so, especially in the section of "Michael Moorcock the Man".
        Ah yes, indeed. Sorting out the photo album is doubtless a task in its own right. What it needs is someone to step up to the plate and take it on, I guess.

Originally posted by L'Etranger
        But I don't want to cause you much work one day before ... was it Assumption of Mary, or some other special day, my friend?
        Heh, that's very kind of you, Christian. However, I suspect I'll be busy chipping away at the Hive anyway.
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley
          Ah yes, indeed. Sorting out the photo album is doubtless a task in its own right. What it needs is someone to step up to the plate and take it on, I guess.
          I intend to put nose to grindstone this weekend and would be happy to start adding infos where I see they are needed.
          "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
          --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

This issue will not be forgotten and we expect over time this to be nearer and nearer to 100% complete. One way to acknowledge ownership is to create an artist profile in the Wikiverse and point back to that album. We will work as hard as we can to ensure everyone is credited. P.S. strides have been made.
            Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Working...
            X