Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Jazz Fan album contents need re-uploading

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug: Jazz Fan album contents need re-uploading

http://www.multiverse.org/imagehive/...2_itemId=55983

Need: Jazz Fan Vol. 1 No. 8 & Jazz Fan Vol. 1 No. 9
    Last edited by The Cosmic Balance; 10-09-2008, 02:30 AM. Reason: Bug prefix added
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

These are two of the 655 that are broken, but actually exist in good condition. I have to figure out how to repair the database. Please don't worry about those at the moment. I have a list of exact which are broken.
    Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Reinart der Fuchs
      These are two of the 655 that are broken, but actually exist in good condition. I have to figure out how to repair the database. Please don't worry about those at the moment. I have a list of exact which are broken.
      Let me know if/how I can help, Berry. Perhaps I could try resaving the images on my machine and re-uploading them? I don't know. Database stuff is waaaaayyy over my head.
      "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
      --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

I think the problem maybe that the affected images are in .GIF format rather than .JPG. I don't know why this should cause a problem - nor have I checked every 'broken' image to confirm this, but the few I've looked at did seem to be that way.

I saved the editorial pages from NW 156 in the 'Introductions' album as .GIFs, opened them in Photoshop and then, because I couldn't automatically re-save them as .JPGs, copied & pasted them into new files, which I then saved as JPGs before uploading back to the Hive.

That's fine maybe for a handful of images but to do it on the scale Berry's talking about - there should be an easier way.

PS. The .GIF images aren't as good quality as the .JPGs after they've been copied & pasted btw.
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley
          I saved the editorial pages from NW 156 in the 'Introductions' album as .GIFs, opened them in Photoshop and then, because I couldn't automatically re-save them as .JPGs, copied & pasted them into new files, which I then saved as JPGs before uploading back to the Hive... The .GIF images aren't as good quality as the .JPGs after they've been copied & pasted btw.
          Certainly not. Just about every time you resave, you lose quality. It gets worse when you change formats without making the proper adjustments. Add to that the fact that .gifs only have 256 colors and you can see why the .gifs start looking poopy. This is esentially why I offer my services in this area. I do imaging for a living and have special actions set up in Photoshop which greatly cut down on my processing time.
          "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
          --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

I'm looking at this now.

Comment

RdF has fixed the problem.

Thread closed.

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley View Post
                RdF has fixed the problem.

Thread closed.
                Yep. This bug is closed. :-)

Comment

Gotcha. : )))
                  You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Working...
                  X