Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Hey PWV! New image gallery posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey PWV! New image gallery posts

They are slowly getting scanned and uploaded PWV, as per your fillip.
    I have posted scans of

The Entropy Tango - front & back of '81 NEL hardback

The Great Rock 'N' Roll Swindle - front & back of '80 Virgin books paperback

The Golden Barge - back cover of NEL paperback (someone else posted the front)

The images can be found in this gallery

[broken link]

I'll keep going with the scans, eventually this can become an online encyclopedia for Moorcock covers, etc.
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 04:54 AM.
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Re: Hey PWV! New image gallery posts

Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island
    eventually this can become an online encyclopedia for Moorcock covers, etc.
    I think that was the whole idea, Gov.

btw, years ago I saw a hardcover copy of An Alien Heat that had beautiful cover art. Very simple and not much to do with the book really - outlines of tangly, twirly vines and in the centre a skull. If anyone has that and can scan it, I'd love to see it again.

Comment

Great work, Guv! And thanks for getting them in the right album!

I'd like to say thanks to everyone who has been taking the time to scan and upload their Moorcock-related images. I am completely blown-away (overwhelmed?) by the volume of images pouring in! That Covers and Pages album is just huge! 23 pages already! Wow!
      "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
      --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Ooh, I'm in the gallery now too! Thanks PWV. I didn't want to submit my own cartoons, because that's a little too egotistical, but I'm not going to complain about being represented... and with a link to boot!

Ta muchly, guv'nor!! :)
        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

That's okay, D, I'll go ahead and post all your images for you (maybe even give you your own album). They belong there, you know, and I'll not have your bloody British politeness standing in the way of the MWM Gallery becoming the behemoth it should be! Stand aside whilst I plunder your webspace!
          "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
          --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Governor of Rowe Island wrote:
            DiGiMac wrote:
            What I meant to say, was that this can become the very model of an on-line encyclopedia and a shining example of how it should be done, when it comes to an author's work.
            You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island
              Governor of Rowe Island wrote:
              DiGiMac wrote:
              What I meant to say, was that this can become the very model of an on-line encyclopedia and a shining example of how it should be done, when it comes to an author's work.
              When I started using this portal, I noticed they had an encyclopedia module. Since then, I realized there are much better versions. I have recently analyzed Tikiwiki, a wiki that has portal features, including a blog. It would make a much better encyclopedia. But, the image gallery will really give us the chance to build up images in the next 2 to 3 years, and perhaps we'd roll this over into a wiki. In the meantime, over the next few years, we'll be able to flesh out our pages with more relevant data, such as images. Just wait. Within 2 to 3 years, this place will be amazing.
              The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
                When I started using this portal, I noticed they had an encyclopedia module. Since then, I realized there are much better versions. I have recently analyzed Tikiwiki, a wiki that has portal features, including a blog. It would make a much better encyclopedia. But, the image gallery will really give us the chance to build up images in the next 2 to 3 years, and perhaps we'd roll this over into a wiki. In the meantime, over the next few years, we'll be able to flesh out our pages with more relevant data, such as images. Just wait. Within 2 to 3 years, this place will be amazing.
                Another great example of Berry having great vision and boundless optimism-- two reasons I respect him and what he does.

Comment

Working...
                X