Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gallery

I couldn't think where best to post this so here is as good as anywhere else I suppose...

I just wanted to pay compliments to everyone who has posted scans in the gallery. It's grown since my last look just a month or two ago. I remember years ago the honourable webmaster filling a page with scans and boasting about the huge amount of disk space he had available for a previous incarnation of this site - 100 meg I think. That was major IT real estate in those days!
    Pity though that not everyone has put edition details for the cover scans.

I shall really have to get around to scanning a couple of my own old bits that I don't see here...

Glad you're enjoying the [broken link]Image Gallery, DiGiMac! Thanks for the comments.

I know there is a lot of info missing and I am planning on getting some of those holes filled in when I get time. Unfortunately, I haven't had a few straight solid hours to put in on it this month. I do hope to get some updates done this weekend.

Anyone logged in can upload images and unfortunately, if the info isn't added by the uploading party, it may take me a while to acquire those details.

SO, to those out there uploading images: Please, please, please give as much info as possible on the images you submit. Too much info is always better than no info at all (in most cases, anyway ). Since this is the site directly related to Mike and his work, we'd like to at least appear as if we know our stuff! Personally, I think MWM should be the best possible source for everything Moorcockian. I'm sure everyone here agrees.
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 02:36 PM.
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Yes, thanks for your hard work! It's great to see some of those Rodney Matthews paintings again.

Any chance of seeing some of the older ones.. possibly even non-Moorcock related? I used to have that poster: "Another Time, Another Place" on my wall a couple of aeons ago & a blond lass riding her horse up a tree. Don't know how it got up there.

There were lost of funny little quirky things hidden in the shadows & corners of some of those pics that I don't seem to see in his more recent works, although I can't say that I'm completely up to speed.

Any way, thanks again & best wishes!

Hedgekettle.

Comment

Sorry Hedgekettle,

We are sticking strictly to Moorcock related images. As time goes by, we'll eventually have links and permissions to the original artists.
        The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Okay Berry,

I thought that you might say that.

Thanks & keep up the good work!

Hedgekettle

Comment

I hope what I'm saying doesn't sound like lip-service. Here's a more technical description:

Phase 1: Fester for numerous years with crappy graphics (This phase has already passed)

Phase 2: Accumulate as many graphics as possible, get permissions where possible and annotate images as available

Phase 3: Concentrate on getting permissions

Phase 4: Accumulate as much missing bio information as possible

We are in phase two, where the bulk of our work is happening very quickly. We aren't in a huge hurry for permissions because Michael usually has self-promotion rights to the stuff, but this does not supercede the community's desire to extend good will to those who have worked with Michael in the past.
            The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

How to upload/submit?

On the subject of reader submitted artwork, could a chaos engineer please outline in detail how one goes about uploading images to the gallery. The readers submission section for writing is clear enough, as is the feedback section to contact Mr. Sizemore, but the gallery does not have any link to upload images. At least not that I have found. It obviously works as there are many submissions, what am i missing? :)

Thanks.

Comment

I got both the Moorcock/Matthews calendars back in the 70's and had about 6 of his posters on my bedroom walls.
                I wish I'd kept them

Hedgekettle, I've got the Matthews book called "Another Time, Another Place" and it's on sale from his site.
                Like you say, one of the fun elements of his posters was always the hidden extras - a Mars bar wrapper in a dragon's nest, a used condom (rubber) lying next to the goblin warriors' camp.

Comment

Berry,
                  I've added some book covers, a couple of photos of MM and some "miscellaneous" covers.

In the galleries have you added the text formatting to the descriptions later? Some have red text, some italics. I don't see how to do it.

Comment

I have no idea how things get red and italicized. Anyone on the Image Gallery Project know how that came about?

Comment

8O
                      Berry clueless?
                      Site out of control?
                      Has MWM evolved intelligence and declared autonomy?

btw hedgekettle, the Matthews book isn't called Another Time Another Place. But if you followed the link you already know that... :roll:
                      I noticed when I got home yesterday and looked at it.

Comment

Originally posted by DiGiMac
                        Has MWM evolved intelligence and declared autonomy?
                        If only. :P Yeah, and my house-cleaning droid has formed a union.

Comment

In the galleries have you added the text formatting to the descriptions later? Some have red text, some italics. I don't see how to do it.
                          Originally posted by Berry
                          I have no idea how things get red and italicized.
                          Berry clueless? Site out of control? Has MWM evolved intelligence and declared autonomy?
                          Alright class, settle down. Everybody back in their seats. You! DiGiMac! Doodle on your own time! :P

:!: Let me ask you guys this: when you are looking at a selection of pictures in a gallery, do you have a drop-down menu below each image, the default of which reads "Edit Photo"?

I currently have the permission: Users Who Can Modify Photos set to anyone who is Logged In, so you should all have the drop-down of which I speak. If you don't, then I need to tweek something in the Permisssions area.

In the drop-down, if you have it, is the option "Edit Text". That's how you do it; many more options available there.

Let me know...
                          "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                          --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Working...
                          X