Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The upgrade has gone very well

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The upgrade has gone very well

Dear friends,

The upgrade continues apace. The forum is back up and in operation. There are many things yet to accomplish, but the site is (for the time being I hope) hacker proof.

Many of the links and definetly your old bookmarks are out of operation.

Thanks for your patronage during this rough time.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Good to see the forum back! I'd become locked into a loop at hotornot.com, and this is the very thing I need to help me break away, so you'll have my eternal gratitude for that. (Note: I'm giving everyone with a hat an automatic rating of "1", because I'm petty and still believe that hats should never be worn indoors).

D...
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

i cannot pretend to understand a drop of it, but Berry, you do that voodoo that you do so well

Comment

Originally posted by RCraigRobinson
        i cannot pretend to understand a drop of it, but Berry, you do that voodoo that you do so well
        I thought it would be pretty simple. He tweaks a power ring, right-shifts a few registers, and talks in riddles. But he does it so well. All hail to Berry for the hard work that makes us all come to life.
        "If the environment were a bank, we would already have saved it." -Graffitti.

Comment

Thank you for the kind words.

This thread really is pointless, because it was an interim message to those who could see the forum, but at a time when other parts of the site were inoperable.

All things work again, but the remark about the bookmarks still sticks. Many people will have to adjust them, if they made any.

For a more technical answer read this:

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
          The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Technical point, Berry. Shouldn't there be another blah on the fourth line ? This expresses the full extent of my technical knowledge.
            But you're a prince among Chaos Engineers and I thank you again!

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
            The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
            Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
            The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
            Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

What can I say. Such high praise. The truth is, I feel like a Chaos Engineer when I'm here.

Thanks.

Comment

And an honor it certainly is to be one Berry! Thanks again for inducting me into the ranks of those mighty Engineers!

To the Biloxi Fault!

Thanos

Comment

Berry, your techincal argument has an element of Mendelbrot to it.
                  Like a fractal, only different.

Comment

Working...
                  X