Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Technical question-Avatars

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical question-Avatars

How can i get a diferent avatar besides the Smilies? I have the picture I want to use on disk.What do I do next? :?:

Click on the Profile button above the messages, then look down the bottom. There is an option to load an avatar there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jules
      Click on the Profile button above the messages...
      (emphasis mine)
      This part is important. Be sure to click the profile link up there just under the masthead and not the profile button inside your own message box.

Note: be sure to keep your image under 80x80 pixels and no larger than 10KB. 8)
      "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
      --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Looks like I'm going to have to find another one.I keep getting a message that the picture I want is more than 10 KB.

Comment

Silver,

E-mail me the picture, I may be able to compress it for you.

Comment

Okay,I emailed it to you.I'l be REALLY happy if you can help. :D

Comment

I don't appear to have received....
              e-mail has been playing up recently

Try my other address <removed>

Comment

Okay,I tried that one.I wasn't sure if the other one was /uk,.uk,or what.My compy doesn't want to send messages when it follows the link to OE.

Comment

You should have received a reply now. If not give me a shout and I'll put it up on this thread.

Comment

Lydia, do delete your Email address on the message after the exchange has worked. There are too many address-grabbers who'll bombard you with spam mail. Even the address I am using in my profile that I use exclusively for this forum already gets heaps.
                    Best, L'E
                    Google ergo sum

Comment

:? I got the email.and saved the pics in disk.I'm trying to put it in my profile,but it keeps saying that it has to be a Jpeg.It already IS a Jpeg!! (Threatens compy with hammer)

Comment

L'Etranger,

My UKF e-mail address already suffers from terrible spam :( but I don't particularly want any more so I'll remove it, good thinking.

Silverdragon,

Try "Upload Avatar from URL" copy this in:

http://www.greencheshire.org.uk/images/silverdragon.jpg

or silverdragon2 or 3 whatever you decided...

Hope it works!

Comment

:D :) :lol: YAY!! It works!! Thank you Lydia!! (Gives a big hug)

Comment

Working...
                          X