Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Technical Difficulties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical Difficulties

Hey Berry and any one else who may know how to fix this.

Today I woke up to a headache. The computer has a virus (a few actually) and quite a bit of that annoying mask-downloaded adware crap. But this is by far one of the most annoying ones I've yet encountered. I am about to post a link here but I strongly discourage anyone from going there because you might get whatever is on this computer.

The annoying thing is that when I tried to go to Multiverse.org the program on this comp intercepted my request and re-directed me to: http://freednshost.info/page/www.multiverse.org

The thing is... that link opens a page that looks exactly like multiverse.org BUT what I could not do is log on. Couldn't figure out how to log on for the life of me. It was really getting on my nerves. Finally I figured out what was happening and was able to beat the system. If anyone else has this problem I suggest you do the following:

Instead of typing the address in the normal box. Instead type it into word and turn it into a link. Click on the link and make sure you hit the stop button on your brouser before the adware can open. This will enable you to log on etc. I'm just happy I figured it out.

Also: I don't know if it was because the site I was looking at was a mirror... or if it was something else. But I posted on here twice as a guest. Once just as guest and once as an unregistered "Thanos Shadowsage." After comming back hours later... neither of those posts are there. And I don't know why.

Thanos

I must admit I was somewhat confused by it all. Are you saying that this was a deliberate redirect brought about by some turdish individual?

I thought the board was just having a bit of tinkering carried out. :)

C.

Comment

[broken link]
      Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 04:21 AM.
      The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Working...
      X