Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

e-mail notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-mail notification

Despite having the options set in my user cp for instant e-mail notification when people reply to threads I have posted to, this service seems to have ceased over the last day or so. I know that messages from the site are not being caught by my SPAM filter. Has anybody any idea what is going on?

No idea John, I'm afraid. I've turned on 'Instant email notification' in my User CP Options, so if anyone replies to this post I'll see what happens.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

I received the response for this, so either it has straightened itself out or it is just specific fora?

Comment

The vagaries of trillions of emails being shuttled across the 'net. If one percent of all of them fail, you're looking at a very large number, i.e. you're bound to be affected sooner or later.
        Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Yes, I can confirm that since turning on IEN, I've received two emails to the threads I've posted in since.
          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

It appears that I have ceased to receive notification of replies in 'The Condition of Muzak', but not the other fora

Nice hat, David. Can we look forward to a selection of other seasonal headgear throughout the coming seasons?

Comment

Originally posted by johneffay
              Nice hat, David. Can we look forward to a selection of other seasonal headgear throughout the coming seasons?
              I guess we'll all have to wait and see, won't we?

Comment

It stopped working for me ages ago, long before the old site went down.
                Arioch, aid me! Blood and souls for Arioch!

Comment

Has somebody wound the elastic band? Suddenly it's started, two notifications already.
                  Arioch, aid me! Blood and souls for Arioch!

Comment

Working...
                  X