Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Forum Smilies - nominations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Groakes View Post
    Not knowing anything about Smilies (apart from George) and having just read Dave's excellent post on the excellent Watchmen - how about a Watchmen smiley?

I'm not sure what it would denote though....
    When you've figured it out, and you've created the smilies, post here to let us know about it.
    Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

You've got me curious about making smilies now, darn you to heck! Am checking tutorials... I know how to create the image itself, I think... just keeping the background transparent I'm not sure about... hmmm... Oh, the tutorial doesn't say! How mean.

I presume by "Watchmen smiley" you mean the one with the bleeding eye? I would imagine that it denotes that you've just assassinated someone on the orders of Boss Smiley?

Holy crap! I've just discovered that Neil Gaiman didn't create the character "Prez"...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prez_%28DC_Comics%29

Sorry, this post is all over the place. Hail Arioch!
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Hurrah! Found out all sorts of exciting new things about PhotoShop, and the animation wing of it especially, et voila:

http://uk.geocities.com/deecrowseer/Smilies.html

Some of them sort of look okay... it was more a test run than anything...

Comment

I like the ruby throne, Dee - nice light effect. Way cool!
          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Here's one for Dave.

Comment

God save our gracious Queen! God save our noble Queen! Something, something, something...

Originally posted by David Mosley View Post
              I like the ruby throne, Dee - nice light effect.
              Cheers. I don't think the good folk at Pixar have much to worry about, but it wasn't too bad for a first attempt.

Comment

Working...
              X