Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Forum layout changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum layout changed

We've restructured the forum layouts on the site to try and make them more logical. The main change has been to create a new main Category called "The Multiverse" for all the directly Moorcock-related forums, and put the more 'off-topic' forums into "The Miscellany" Category. A second new Category called "Fabulous Harbours" is intended to help new members have somewhere to introduce themselves and raise any questions they may have about how the site works.

The new layout looks like this now:

Q&A
    • Q&A ● Questions for Mike
      • Mike's Reviews
      • Q&A Archive: Elric of Melniboné
      • Q&A Archive: Jerry Cornelius
      • Obituaries
    Fabulous Harbours ● Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany
    • Welcome Centre ● New Members Section
    • FAQs
    • Eldren Technology● Forum Help and Feedback
      • Themes
      • Image Hive
      • Wikiverse
      • Drupal
      • Q&A Archive: Site Technical
    The Multiverse
    • Moorcock's Multiversal Manuscripts ● Mike's published works
    • The Condition of Muzak ● Mike's Music
      • New Worlds Fair lyrics
    • New Worlds
    • The Terminal Café
    • The Elric Movie
      • Q&A Archive: Elric Movie
    • Dense Interviews
      • Moorcock & Simonson: Making the Sorcerer
    The Miscellany
    • Tanelorn Rolls ● Messages of the Day
    • The Enclave at the End of Time ● Members' Contributions
    • Reasoned Debate
    • Activism
    • Technology
    • Moonbeam Roads ● Links
    Prototype X

Genre Discussion
    • Cyberpunk
    • Fantasy
    • Science Fiction
    • Sword & Sorcery
    Media
    • Books
    • Comics
    • Gaming
    • Movies
    • Music [formerly 'Sonic Attack']
    • TV/Radio
    Let us know what you think of the changes.
    Last edited by David Mosley; 09-13-2006, 04:18 AM.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Everything looks great, neat and tidy. Great job guys!

Comment

Very logical, indeed. Nice job!
      Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
      -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

much work .. need to acclimate ......................

Comment

Do let me know if there's anything you think could be sharpened or improved MK. This is very much a fluid process.
          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

no problem .......

Comment

Yes it is much more organized. I find the print smaller so I'd best be getting myself a stronger pair of bi-focals. Keep up the tasteful work mods.

"Lead me to the MWM Forum young Ringo, Iv'e lost me spectacles."

Comment

Originally posted by voilodian ghagnasdiak
                Yes it is much more organized. I find the print smaller so I'd best be getting myself a stronger pair of bi-focals. Keep up the tasteful work mods.
                Yes, we have reduced the font sizes across the forum. If people find them too small, I'll look at increasing them slightly.

I find that it rather depends your monitor whether the fonts look too large or too small. On my 1680x1050 laptop they're possibly a tad too small, but on the 1280x1024 TFT they're fine. Obviously I don't know what other people are using so the more feedback we get the better.

Comment

For me it's OK
                  Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

I'm on a laptop and am having no trouble reading it.

Comment

David,

The left side column has gone wonky on the front page. I think it's due to font changes, but maybe something else that you changed.
                      Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Yes Berry, I've mentioned this "elsewhere". At the moment it's a mystery. I'm trying to figure out the resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley
                          Yes Berry, I've mentioned this "elsewhere". At the moment it's a mystery. I'm trying to figure out the resolution.
                          Sorry. I didn't see that. Thanks.
                          Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

I've rolled-back most of the changes I implemented last night, but surprising much of the site still looks the same. I wonder if there's some sort of 'delay' between making the changes and them taking effect? I shouldn't think so as most of them occured 'live' so to speak last night, but I don't think I noticed the problem with the Home Page until this morning, so who knows.

Apologies to everyone for this manisfestation of Chaos.

ETA: I think we've achieved a level of stability now.
                            Last edited by David Mosley; 09-14-2006, 02:02 PM.

Comment

New layout looks cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X