Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes PWV, I was thinking the same... something of nazis...
    Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Hi Hieronymus, have you ever had mental images of a twisted little inter-dimensional time travelling dwarf that keeps getting his eyes clawed out by the very same cat of which you speak?

I know that this isnt the image that you were referring to, but I'll bet it's pretty close.
      Last edited by voilodian ghagnasdiak; 09-01-2006, 10:37 AM.

Comment

I've never put my mind on it Voilodian, but you're right...It may be
        Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

Comment

I quite often make my own avatars using Irfan View. It's a program that will open virtually any media file and I use it to cut out favourite portions of pictures to the size I want. I quite often use it to chop bits out of screen captures too. Very simple to use and free!
          You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Originally posted by Doc
            Responding to pressure related to my men's room icon avatar...
            Men's Room? Men's Room? And all this time I thought it was a cork extractor with the cork engaged!

Hieronymus, great winged cat icon .
            "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

Thanks Talisant, much obliged
              Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

Comment

Originally posted by Talisant
                Men's Room? Men's Room? And all this time I thought it was a cork extractor with the cork engaged!

Let's go with that, Talisant! Far more class...

Comment

I kinda like that avatar.
                  Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Hieronymus
                    I made this:

I hope you like it
                    I like it a lot. In fact, I decided your winged cat was the best of them, so I went with it.

Just reducing this .jpg image would look poopy, so I took this killer drawing of yours into Photoshop and re-drew it into a vector path. (We can now make the image as large or as small as we like without loss of quality because it is now no longer rasterized. Very good. We're set for t-shirts and posters later*.)

Then I flipped it so that the avatar would be facing in towards the forum.

Added a nifty three-pixel border, shifted the cat down and left for aesthetic reasons and we have a nice little 100x100 avatar:

*I would be happy to e-mail you the vectored Photoshop file,
                    Hieronymus. Just say the word.
                    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Well done PWV! Good stuff! Thanks
                      Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
                        aesthetic reasons and we have a nice little 100x100 avatar:

Where is it? I can't see it. Maybe it flew away???

Comment

Working...
                        X