Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone loves 'em. Well, most people, anyway. Avatars! W00T!

So, anyway, for the first coupla years after I joined MM, I stuck with the same avatar: a cropped image of Elric's face from the awesome painting BROM did for Tales of the White Wolf. But with the birth of this new and improved MM, I have taken to changing up my avatar from time to time (and found that people have enjoyed it, which is really nice).

I'm arriving at a point, I swear.

I've recently been working on a bunch of avatars in the new allowable size of 100x100. Of course, there will be lots of Moorcock-related ones, as well as ones depicting a plethora of other topics.

I'd like to have a good fat lot of avatars available. So my question is this: are there any particular avatars you'd like to see made available? Anyone got an image they want made into an avatar or an idea for one? Help me out. Let me know what you want to see. Animation is even allowed (as you can see) as long as we keep it under 29K.

Well?
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

I'd like a "winged cat"
    Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Responding to pressure related to my men's room icon avatar...

I'm relatively un-creative (as my avatar shows), but I'm into graphic work by people like Picacio (and Kirk Starr). I like Bosch's imagery, and a great deal of Dali's. I used to be way into Escher.

Having said all of that, I also find a great deal of pleasure from the simple statement that a good font makes.

I don't think that helped...

Comment

Originally posted by Hieronymus
        I'd like a "winged cat"
        I'm a bit intimidated, Hieronymus. You want to draw it up yourself or leave it up to me?

Originally posted by Doc
        I like Bosch's imagery, and a great deal of Dali's. I used to be way into Escher.
        Bosch, Dali, Escher. Gee, you sound like somone I know... oh yeah, me.

As a side note (this isn't an avatar idea ), I just got an image in my head of this Bosch painting with your men's room guy hidden in it a la Where's Waldo? Am I deranged or what?

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
          Bosch, Dali, Escher. Gee, you sound like somone I know... oh yeah, me.

As a side note (this isn't an avatar idea ), I just got an image in my head of this Bosch painting with your men's room guy hidden in it a la Where's Waldo? Am I deranged or what?[/FONT]
          Actually, that would be the coolest avatar! Hmmmm.... You did say our tastes were very similar, so if you are deranged, then so am I.

Comment

I've found these PWV
            http://www.rosalindjehanne.com/Graph...20Cat%2001.gif
            http://www.enchantedknights.com/imag...e/garg/004.jpg
            http://jducoeur.org/VikingReign/winged-cat.jpg
            http://www.christymarx.com/marxmall/wingedcat.jpg

if I find the right pic I draw it fro you

About other ideas ( Bosch, Durer, Escher, Bruegel, Dali etc ) I like them
            Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

Comment

Well, you'd have to be a little off to enjoy the work of artists who were so obviously a little off themselves. Brilliantly off, but off nevertheless.

Comment

I think this one rocks!

Comment

That is the one I liked best, too.

Scary, PWV...

I'm sure you could come up with some very interesting avatars, Hieronymous!

Comment

I made this:

I hope you like it
                    Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

Comment

Very, very cool, Hieronymous!

Will that be in the mix of potential avatars? I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc
                        That is the one I liked best, too.
                        That particular winged cat reminds me quite a bit of the famous illustration for Le Chat Noir by Swiss artist Théophile Alexandre Steinlen.

Originally posted by Doc
                        Scary, PWV...
                        Indeed. Were we separated at a young age, I wonder?

Comment

In my opinion too.
                          I think it is a modified "chat noire" as body, I'm trying to remember me wher I've just seen these wings...
                          Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

Comment

I've lost my last reply...
                            Thanks Doc.
                            I can try to do something, I'm not so good with Photoshop and its layers ( I prefer real brushes ), but I try to do them.
                            In the meanwhile I was talking about JR Meyers as Elric to a friend of mine.
                            So I've tried to modify a pict of him:
                            Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

Comment

...I'm trying to remember me wher I've just seen these wings...
                              I seem to recall the foremost wing being mirrored and used as the wings of an eagle from a propaganda poster -- possibly Na2i or Waff*n SS propaganda. I can't seem to find an example, though.

Now you've got me on a winged-cat kick. Gonna go home tonight and draw some.

Comment

Working...
                              X