Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Recent posts/replies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EdCh
    Terhali's Particular Satisfaction
    • May 2021

Recent posts/replies?

Sorry if I come across as a Luddite, but I was wondering if there is an easy way to see the latest activity on the forums in general. I know that there is a tab "Latest Activity" which lists new topics, but is there a function where I can see the most recent replies?

In some forums I have frequented in the past there is a way to access a listing where all topics are listed in descending order by date of last replies. I suppose this is an algorithm which FB uses as well in many groups, and seems to be fairly effective... (effective in what, I don't know!)

Edit: OK, after a bit more caffeine I think I may have gotten a feel for this thing. I believe the best method to accomplish what I was getting at above is to look at "Last Post" on the right side column of each sub-forum to look for new activity on each feed. Or alternately, go into a sub-forum of interest and then the posts are listed in order of descending activity. I knew I could figure this out eventually! Please don't mind the smell of smoke...

https://ariochspad.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by EdCh; 05-06-2021, 07:53 AM.
  • Pietro_Mercurios
    Eternal Champion
    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by EdCh View Post
    Sorry if I come across as a Luddite, but I was wondering if there is an easy way to see the latest activity on the forums in general. I know that there is a tab "Latest Activity" which lists new topics, but is there a function where I can see the most recent replies?

In some forums I have frequented in the past there is a way to access a listing where all topics are listed in descending order by date of last replies. I suppose this is an algorithm which FB uses as well in many groups, and seems to be fairly effective... (effective in what, I don't know!)

https://ariochspad.blogspot.com/
    A rough fix, which works on the previous 24hrs of posts, is, log out & you should be able to click on, Today's Posts, which replaces, New Topics, top left of the Home Page, under Forums. Then log in, again & you can return to the results by left clicking as a reference point.

Welcome aboard, by the way!
    Last edited by Pietro_Mercurios; 05-06-2021, 08:00 AM. Reason: Dexter ~ Sinister...

Comment

• EdCh
      • May 2021

Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios View Post

A rough fix, which works on the previous 24hrs of posts, is, log out & you should be able to click on, Today's Posts, which replaces, New Topics, top right of the Home Page, under Forums. Then log in, again & you can return to the results by left clicking as a reference point.
      Thanks. I just edited my original post to describe another methodology which I think I can get used to. But I will try the above as well. I think FB has dumbed me down a bit. On the face of it this forum has so many buttons it's a bit intimidating, but I do like the organization of topics. I used to complain about the lack of sub-forums on FB and now that I get them I'm looking over at the other side of the lawn..

Comment

• EdCh
        • May 2021

Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios View Post

Welcome aboard, by the way!
        Thanks! I will do a more formal introduction here after I complete and post my latest Moorcock blog article, which will be on The Condition of Muzak. I've had it on the back burner for a while in order to take care of some even older back-burnered projects, but I am back in the Phantom now....

Comment

Working...
        X