Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Stormbringer Icon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stormbringer Icon

Originally posted by Muroc
    How come I've picked up that cool Stormbringer icon alongside my avatar?
    Hi Muroc. The Stormbringer icon is a new feature we've implemented that corresponds with how many posts you've made in the forums.

Folk will have perhaps noticed that suddenly there's a whole bunch of 'Wanderers of the Mittel Marches', ' Corsairs of the Second Ether' and 'Denizens of Moo Uria', etc. appearing around these parts. These titles also correspond to your posts, but since you can have a custom title rather than one of the defaults, the Stormbringer icon just 'underlines' the idea.

But no doubt you twigged that already.

PS. You may see some fine tuning of these features over time.
    Last edited by David Mosley; 08-29-2006, 01:06 AM.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

The Stormbringer icon is really good! Congratulations to whoever thought it up. Hope the rest of the "fine tuning" is just as inventive.

Comment

It's a very cool icon. I like the way the runes extend along the blade as your post count increases.
      The name that can be named is not the true name.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawksun
        The Stormbringer icon is really good! Congratulations to whoever thought it up. Hope the rest of the "fine tuning" is just as inventive.
        Originally posted by Kamelion
        It's a very cool icon. I like the way the runes extend along the blade as your post count increases.
        I guess it's been something Berry has wanted to have on the site for a long time. Once the idea was tossed out onto the table, I knew we had to run with it (forgive the mixed metaphor). It just sounded too cool not to implement.
        "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
        --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
          I guess it's been something Berry has wanted to have on the site for a long time. Once the idea was tossed out onto the table, I knew we had to run with it (forgive the mixed metaphor). It just sounded too cool not to implement.

I've always liked running with things on the table. Except scissors.

Comment

Love Stormbringer - great idea. I've seen similar concepts on other forums but this is the best implementation of the idea imho. At the risk of wondering 'off thread' I reckon' it would be appropriate for the senior members here to have something beyond Stormbringer... particularly for our Site Host ! What about a cosmic balance?
            Last edited by Muroc; 08-29-2006, 11:57 PM.

and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

Comment

I reckon' it would be appropriate for the senior members here to have something beyond Stormbringer... particularly for our Site Host ! What about a cosmic balance?
              Discussions are continuing on that very topic...

Any chance of splitting the Stormbringer section of this thread off into Eldren Tech?

Comment

Originally posted by johneffay
                Discussions are continuing on that very topic...

Any chance of splitting the Stormbringer section of this thread off into Eldren Tech?
                Johneffay,
                firstly, sorry if I caused a cross thread . Could you point me to the correct thread on Eldren Tech because I've spent some 10 minutes trying to find it and can't (probably just me being a little unfamiliar with the site).
                Cheers.

and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

Comment

Ha ha Muroc, here's the Eldren Tech thread - but don't worry that you couldn't find it because I've just created it by splitting off the relevant posts and moving them here.
                  _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                  _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                  _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                  _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

firstly, sorry if I caused a cross thread . Could you point me to the correct thread on Eldren Tech because I've spent some 10 minutes trying to find it and can't (probably just me being a little unfamiliar with the site).
                    Cheers.
                    My fault entirely. Forgetting that you were new to the site, I failed to pick up on the fact that you might not realize that the last line of my post was actually addressed to the Q&A moderators

Thanks for the split, David.

Comment

Thanks for the new and nice icon, David.
                      Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

All credit should go to Berry who had the original idea and PWV who designed the icon.

Comment

Mighty chuffed that the Stormbringer icons have received such good response. The moment Berry mentioned his idea, I couldn't wait to do it and get it implemented.

And perhaps the desire for some runes will motivate some of the lurkers and wallflowers to speak up and be heard.
                          "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                          --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

I suggest next icons PWV : The Horn of Fate, The Shield of Chaos
                            Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Yeah looks really good, what about a black aura?

Comment

Working...
                              X