Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

"Breadcrumbs" added to bottom of threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Breadcrumbs" added to bottom of threads

I've managed to add a set of 'breadcrumbs' at the bottom of each thread that should allow people to quickly return to the forum without having to scroll back up to the top of the page. I find this particularly useful for the longer threads we get around here. You'll find them just above the lower 'Post Reply' icon.

For those who don't know, the 'breadcrumbs' look like this:

Moorcock's Miscellany > Miscellany > Eldren Technology

I'm looking at other ways of improving people's browsing experiences in the forums, but this is a 'live' system and any changes happen immediately - which should only be a problem if they have unintended effects. So if anything suddenly looks or behaves a little differently all of a sudden you'll know who's responsible.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Bravo! Very nice!

I was just thinking to myself that I needed something like that.

-as I speed read these new posts some times.

now, I am off to find Hansel and Gretel.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Thanks, i guess it will be very useful !

Comment

Now you mention it, I think I was browsing the forum when you changed it. I noticed something different but couldn't pin it down! Very handy, thank you.
        You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

You're welcome, Guv. It's one of the minor features that I personally always appreciate on forums myself. Hate scrolling down a thread and then having to scroll back up to go back to the forum listing.

I've also modified the breadcrumbs to omit the 'Category' link (ie 'Miscellany', 'The Condition of Muzak' and 'Media'). This means - to use this forum as an example - from this thread you can either click a breadcrumb to take you back to 'Eldren Technology' or to 'Moorcock's Miscellany' (also known as the "Forum Jump Menu".

This is because I'm working on developing something for specific Forums (all will be explained/revealed in due course, for the moment its all 'no names, no pack drill') and removing the Categories is necessary to aid navigation. The downside - at the moment - is that when you click on a Category from the Forum Jump Menu (aka 'Moorcock's Miscellany') they're not showing the forums within them.

I need to work on that because it will be less confusing to people if that doesn't happen. In the meantime, I can only ask everyone to bear with me.
          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Very useful. Though having said that I have a lovely wheel on my mouse that takes me up quickly :)

Comment

Ah, yes, very handy when browsing those long threads. Thanks David (almost typed Demos there by reflex).

Comment

Working...
              X