Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Private Messaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Messaging

Any chance of enabling this and allowing users to "opt out"?

Tony

The Private Messaging system is disabled.
    Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Right, I kinda figured out that part. I was just wondering if there were plans to enable it. I'm guessing no , because:

1. Privacy, and People don't want to be bothered.
      2. Just another feature to "moderate".

That said, I've found the feature quite useful on other forums I belong to. Especially when I want others to be able to contact me, but I don't want to reveal my email address. Keeps clutter off of the forum too, sometimes.

Thanks!

Tony

Comment

Hi Tony, the administrators/mods have discussed whether to enable PM-ing or not, and after some discussion it was felt that the "opt-in" email messaging system would be enabled instead.

There were a number of reasons why it was felt that PM wasn't entirely desirable, some of which had to do with possible future developments that the site might undergo, as well as issues of privacy and moderating the service as you mention.

There are other options that you can use if you want people to contact you but don't feel comfortable making your email address available, such as ICQ, AIM, MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger and Skype. You'll find these options in the "Edit Profile" section of your User CP.
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

I forgot about those David! Those tools/services are superior to the PM system here at the site anyway.
          Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Working...
          X