Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Reinart der Fuchs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reinart der Fuchs

Just curious, is Reinhart der Fuchs Berry Sizemore?

You are correct, sir...

Originally posted by Idiot_Savant
    Just curious, is Reinhart der Fuchs Berry Sizemore?
    Yes, and might I add that it's ironic you have such a curiosity when you offer no info about yourself in your own profile.

Originally posted by Reinhart der Fuchs
    You may have known me in my previous incarnations as Berry, Dusty Diablo, Jhary-a-Conel and others. I emerged from Limbo transformed and have assumed a new masque. I chose Reinart der Fuchs first and foremost as a nod to Michael Moorcock's usage of Reynard, one of the earliest anthropormorphized animal characters in literature.
    Last edited by PsychicWarVeteran; 07-05-2006, 12:31 PM.
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Is it a He?

Comment

Originally posted by voilodian ghagnasdiak
        Is it a He?
        I've got a feeling that Idiot_Savant used to be fluffyfluff1 - but I'm not sure where I got that notion from, especially as I can't find anyone by that name in the Members List anymore.

Anyway, whether they're an old or a new member let's be friendly, eh?

[That was a public service announcement on behalf the Cosmic Balance - normal service will resume shortly.]
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

I apoligise if my comments are abrasive.They are truly not meant to be so.I think that its evolved from the school-of-hard-knocks that I attended.I meant it in the context of beware a womans scorn.Im not sure of IS's background.Please let me know if I say something offensive,I have very thick hide.

Comment

Originally posted by voilodian ghagnasdiak
            I apoligise if my comments are abrasive.
            It wasn't actually you I was aiming my admonishment about friendliness at, as it happens vg.

I just quoted your comment because if I_S is/was 'fluffyfluff1' then I think they might well be a 'she'.* Sorry if that caused any confusion.

*Of course, if I'm completely wrong then the point is moot.
            _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
            _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
            _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
            _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

I'm just glad it's not the user named J*****3.
              Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley
                I've got a feeling that Idiot_Savant used to be fluffyfluff1 - but I'm not sure where I got that notion from, especially as I can't find anyone by that name in the Members List anymore.

Anyway, whether they're an old or a new member let's be friendly, eh?

[That was a public service announcement on behalf the Cosmic Balance - normal service will resume shortly.]
                I could swear there was a post in the Introductions thread to this effect.
                Hmmm.
                Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
                -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Originally posted by Madrigal Rose
                  I could swear there was a post in the Introductions thread to this effect.
                  Yes, that's exactly where I thought I saw it as well. Glad it's not just me then. :)

Comment

Did you ask in idle curiosity Idiot_Savant, or can I help you on something?
                    Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Since I browse the internet while also running a business I did not see Reinhart's post stating he was also Berry.

I first came to this sight because I am one of Mr. Moorcock's fans. I was thrilled to see he actually interacted with his readers and there were many thought provoking threads. But I can see my personality type is not welcome here and I am sorry to have bothered you all.
                      and yes I am female

Comment

I remembered that you were a lady from your intro.If I offended you in any way it was through my own ignorance, and I apologize.Any fan of Mike M. is ok in my books!Please have a second thought on the matter.

Comment

Apologies from myself as well, just in case my observation was out of line. Irony is one of my great loves and I'm unable not to point it out when I see it. I don't see irony as a negative thing, but if you took it as such, I do sincerely apologize.

Also, I want to mention that I wasn't linking back to Berry's/Reinart's post to be snide. If you look at my posts from the past, you will find I'm a notorious linker (because I like to cite my sources for clarity and completeness). Again, if you took this as an attack, I'm sorry.

David, consider my hand roundly slapped.
                          "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                          --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Idiot Savant, I really do think it was all a misunderstanding. You needn't run away so quickly. I for one believe you were indeed curious.

Always keep in mind the limited capabilities of text-only communication...

The case of the vanishing Introduction solved!
                            Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
                            -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Apologies accepted.

Since he's an Idiot Savant maybe his special talent is asking questions about Berry.
                              My nick name started as a joke from my husband , he has always teased me saying you're nothing but an intelligent dingbat, (because of my frequent bouts of brain flatulence)and i always reply no i am an idiot savant. Believe me i know how I am perceived and really don't give a flying fig about it because if I am not liked because of my playful and sometimes airy nature I don't want anything to do with that person anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X