Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Odd Sony Cookie request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Sony Cookie request

I was just checking out the, Today's charicature Thread, over on Reasoned Debate and my Firefox 1.5 browser asked me if I wanted to accept a cookie from www.SonyMusic.com.br.

The only other page I had open was the one about WWI colour photos.

Odd?

Re: Odd Sony Cookie request

Originally posted by AndroMan
    I was just checking out the, Today's charicature Thread, over on Reasoned Debate and my Firefox 1.5 browser asked me if I wanted to accept a cookie from www.SonyMusic.com.br.

The only other page I had open was the one about WWI colour photos.

Odd?
    Sort of, yeah. The image in that thread is supplied by the Guardian and I don't know of any relationship between them and Sony, so I doubt it's that. I also seriously doubt this site had anything to do with the cookie request.

Did the WWI site have any banner ads or was it on a free server such as Geocities, Angelfire, etc.? Have you installed any Sony software or, more importantly have you played any Sony music CDs in your computer CD player?

Sony is knee-deep in the poo right now for the whole rootkit thing and so I am immediately all when I see anything trippy going on on with Sony's name attached to it.

I probably haven't helped you at all. Sorry about that.
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Just saw the WWI thread and it doesn't look like the site you linked to had any weird banners or anything, so it probably didn't come from them, either.
      "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
      --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Working...
      X