Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

100,000 Unique Visits!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100,000 Unique Visits!

Two years ago we broke 10,000 unique visits. I looked at the logs for October 2005 (last month) and we had 111576 unique visits. 8O This is the first time we ever broke 100,000!
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

wow! :clap:

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

holy cow!

Comment

Re: 100,000 Unique Visits!

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
          This is the first time we ever broke 100,000!
          Hmm... does your insurance cover 'accidental breakages', Berry?

I've got some superglue somewhere if you want to see about fixing that. :)
          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Way to go! I think this speaks volumes for the quality of this forum that it is recieving that many visits!

Well done Berry! You deserve a pat on the back!

And...

Congratualations Mike! The fact that we got over 110000 visits in one month also speaks of your popularity, staying-power, and openess! Amazing!
            "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
            --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Can you get a breakdown of that, Berry? It'd be interesting to see which bit of the site got the most hits, if at all possible.
              You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

:thanks:
                The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Well from someone who gets great pleasure from the site, but contributes little, I'd just like to express my gratitude to those responsible for its existence.

Cheerio!

Comment

[content out of date]

Comment

Nice, but go check linking thread. I'm still getting 200-300 a day uniques with a three-year dead in the water website. Lord knows what'll happen as I start revamping. (Yeah, the hits will probably go down.)

Miqque
                      ... just another sailor on the seas of Fate, dogpaddling desperately ...

Comment

Berry, can the stats be broken down by IP and origin TLD/country? That would be cool to see, too.

Comment

Yes and no. Up to date they cannot be. Future, maybe. Low priority. We used to do it.

Comment

Congrats. On 100k unqiue.

Glad we could help make it happen :)

Comment

Working...
                            X