Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Recent Avatar Upload Silliness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Avatar Upload Silliness

If you experienced or are experiencing avatar upload issues, there is a great probability that you have a firewall interfering with your ability to upload a graphic. I don't know why and this is not confirmed, but since I have made modifications to my firewall and ran a spybot killer, I have been successful in uploading avatars.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

I think mines worked fine, now I have found paintbox on this machine.
    Is this a silly enough avatar for you.
    cheers
    Dobbie
    MEEP !

Comment

Rock on.
      The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Thanks for helping with my avatar! This is a test to make sure that everything is tickety-boo...

Comment

This is one I used on a few forums around and about. Seems most appropriate here :)

Guaranteed to give you a headache - do not stare at it for too long...

Comment

nice 8-way arrow misterwolfie, did you make that?

Comment

you want silly how bout this...
              damn I hope it works

S

Comment

Yup, a bit of practise with Photoshop and an animated gif prog called "Gif movie gear" that came free with some other product.
                It could also be done with Adobe's Imageready - but the interface seems a bit overly complicated to me...

As I say, I used this avatar on a few forums a couple of years back - and I dug it out of the dark recesses of my hard disk when I saw we were up and running here ^_^

Glad you like it, blood and souls for you next, then :)

Comment

Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!

Video: http://www.wiredvideo.com/clips/av3/ogrebattle.mpg
                  Parent Website: http://knightrealms.com/Gallery/video.html

Originally posted by Shaeve
                  you want silly how bout this...
                  damn I hope it works

S

Comment

I change my Avatar constantly.

Today it's from a pic by Frazetta - The Silver Warriors.

Looked like Urlik Skarsol so I grabbed it. I suppose it is judging by the painting's title.
                    When they had advanced together to meet on common
                    ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
                    and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
                    each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
                    mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
                    killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Oh

Now it's Dorian Hawkmoon.

My avatar can't keep up with my posts. Or is it my posts can't keep up with my avatar? :?
                      When they had advanced together to meet on common
                      ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
                      and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
                      each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
                      mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
                      killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Mine is a self portrait... :P
                        \\

Comment

Hullo!

I don't want to go asking an obvious newbie question here, but since I am an obvious newbie it's somewhat unavoidable... How do I upload an avatar?

I'm an egotistical cartoonist and eager to show off. Thank you!
                          "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

click profile link

dimensions: 80p x 80p
                            weight: no more than 10k

Comment

Sorry! Sorry!

I've just realised how easy it is to upload an avatar. I'm really sorry. I promise not to be so dim in future.

Thank you.
                              "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Working...
                              X