Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Tech Note: Conjunction Imminent

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech Note: Conjunction Imminent

:cat: :cat:

DOUBLE CAT ALERT

I've just received a communication from Dusty Diablo, one of The Amazing Chaos Engineers in the field. The alert level is 2-out-of-3 cats, so I communicate to the readers of this forum with some urgency and seriousness. Dusty Diablo's dispatch proceeds:

Originally posted by Dusty Diablo
    INCOMING MESSAGE FROM TERHALI'S PARTICULAR PLEASURE: Our dearest Rose is gone missing, the sweetest of our sweet flowers, and tarnation we caint get nothin' over wireless. Spammer Gain is frightfully confused and I'm damned sure I know what's going on. She appears to be in a Cobain/Hendrix loop spiralling out from Oblivian Dock and she's gettin' diffused to pieces. Let Prof. Pop & Co know we're firing up the Garcia in hopes that Spammer can refocus and git coralled back into shape. She's outta sorts since a recent twister rolled through and made certain branes unavailable. She's been kickin' 'round like a pony with two peters ever since.

I also heard tell them Straight Arrow fellers have set down some new branes that are crossin' over the back 40. We've russelled up a posse and headin over to reroute those rails and white wash the ole fence.

Let Prof. an' the others know there's gonna be some fluctuatin' in parts o' the 'verse over the next day and a half. If we git the job right, ain't no one gonna notice a thing.
    I think we'll be seeing a potential for instability over the next 2 days, if I understand the above message correctly. There's to be new DNS servers assigned to the site, as well as an update to patch a few holes. First I have to log into Network Solutions...

Code:
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah 

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah 

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah 
    blah blah 
    blah blah blah blah 
    blah blah 
    blah (deleted one blah)
    blah blah 
    blah blah 
    blah blah blah blah 
    blah blah blah blah blah blah 
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah 
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah 

blah
    ...and before you know it, wham the nature of reality will have change ever so slightly.

The forum will be off for about an hour at some point over the next 2 days.

END OF DOUBLE CAT ALERT

:cat: :cat:
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

"Watch out lads and lasses, it's a bi-moggy barnstorm!!"

The crew of the Bite The Wax Tadpole clenched their scales, and turned quivering, multi-faceted eyes towards their captain.

"How now Brown Crow?"

"Steady as she goes, fair brothers and sisters. As long as there's a berry watching over us, we won't go hungry."

Turbulence rocked the main deck, and a faint whisp of "Evita" insinuated its way through the shell of their craft.

"Fire up the Anthrax... anything but 'I am the Law'!!"

And so they sailed on, flickering in and out of existence, but forging onwards, ever onwards in their search for the beloved blossom, Rose.
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

There might be an error in the blahs, as far as I'm concerned, did anyone check? One blah too much in line 14, I think.
      Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by LEtranger
        There might be an error in the blahs, as far as I'm concerned, did anyone check? One blah too much in line 14, I think.
        Fixed. Please review.
        The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

C'mon, you "persuaded" that blah to terminate its existence and it should get its own flash tale in part II of your brilliant Sardonic Suicide Suite ...!
          Google ergo sum

Comment

I remind you that it was a full DOUBLE CAT alert. What did you expect? :roll:

Thanks for the compliment. :thanks:

Cordula will be reading your piece just as soon as she pries the magazine from my cold dead hands...

Comment

A good dose of Jimi ( Fire form the Woodstock festival ) will lets us all ride it out, nice and smoothly.

'Let me stand next to your fire'

Comment

Mike, DId you ever get to see Jimi play?
                They have been having an awfull bio as book of the week on Radio four, absoltue nonesense.
                Back to Woodstock. The CD came out a while back, they have just realeased a DVD with all the film footage they can find should be good, but not much use to me I don't even have a TV, the pictures are better that way. The CD is fantastic, great sound, great tunes, great playing and of course some treuly awesome guitar playing from Jimi. The line up is half way between Experience and Band of Gypsies.
                As Jimi would say "Blah Blah Woof Woof"
                Really though Woodstcok 92 was were it was at.

Love and Pax
                Dobah

Comment

There's a new 'warts and all' biography out about Jimi Hendrix, so even BBC radio4, this week, has been playing snatches (Hah!) of his virtuosity. His work still shines out like a beacon. The stories, based on his military records, about his determination and exploits, to get a discharge out of the paratroopers, just make me love him the more.

:up:

Comment

When one considers that he couldn't read or write music, the amount he created becomes even more staggering. :notworthy:
                    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

I saw Jimi when he first turned up in England with the guy from the Animals who became a producer. He came into the Flamingo when, as I recall, Zoot Money was playing. Eric Burdon got up on stage and sat in.
                      Great night. Jimi didn't play that night but I saw him later on stage in London. I liked him from Hey Joe! onwards, I must say. Wrote a story about him, of course, too!

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                      The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                      Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                      The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                      Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

I think it's cool that "Dead Singers" showed up in Lunching with the Antichrist, with so many newer stories. The story seems to have aged as well as Jimi's music :) [/i]

Comment

My mother saw him supporting Engleburt Humperdink - I love the strange tour packages promoters put together in the mid-60s.

Comment

I have a picture on my wall of the JHE sat backstage at my local venue when they played in 1967. Never met anyone who professes to have seen him though.
                            Taking this thread further off topic - my mum remembers hearing Fleetwood Mac playing at the local football ground circa 1970. I was around then, too, but I can't remember a damn thing. I love Fleetwood Mac from this era and knowing Mike taught a certain Peter Green his first chords would make it even sweeter if I could.
                            Memory is a fickle thing - I can remember my dog running away about the same time! Hah! Who knows what culture is when you're 3 or 4? Except for Mozart, of course. (It was Mozart who was writing symphonies at age 4, wasn't it?)
                            You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Working...
                            X