Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

amazon,abebooks and commissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amazon,abebooks and commissions

This is probably for Berry, and may be a bit silly, but for clarity's sake...

I assume that whenever we link to amazon or abebooks from here, the site earns something, even if we do not buy from the list the link generates. In other words, if I link to abe from here, ignore the massive list of Moorcock books, and search for and order a Jonathan Carroll book, the site still will get a small piece of my purchase.

Just making sure, since I order books online fairly regularly. It seems a no-brainer if it generates some money for the site.

That is right and thanks for asking. I hesitated for 5 years before I decided I'd start doing it. Furthermore, we make a miniscule commission. Not that you should buy an above average amount of books... :P
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Shit. Wish I'd known that, I just bought The White Wolf's Son from Amazon and an Echo & the Bunnymen cd along with it to get the free shipping. I just went to Amazon since I didn't know that about the links. From now on, I'll always start here.
      My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

I don't use Amazon (too much temptation), but in future I'll be happy to take the long-way around to ABE. Shame you can't set something up with Play.com too, and get a cut of all the money I waste on CDs there.
        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

This explains why we pick up Amazon cookies from visiting MWM. I did wonder...
          \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

In the left hand navigation column at the very bottom are the links you can follow to get us a commission. And thanks!
            The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Working...
            X