Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Berry, this is weird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berry, this is weird

Hey there Berry,

I thought I would post this here since others might be encountering this issue and might want to voice up. My posting tonight has been odd. The posts themself have worked out alright, though they are showing as being posted a couple of hours before some other posts. In particular, in the Doctor Who thread in the Tanelorn forum, I made a couple of posts which appeared before The Alderian's posts. And I know for a fact his post was made perhaps several hours before mine.

If anyone else has noticed such unusual posts, I would recommend posting in this thread, as the forums should not be acting in this way. Thanks!
    Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Dr Who posts do not obey the laws of linear time and space. Also, they're bigger on the inside.

Comment

Kommando is correct. There's something odd afoot about the system. One symptom: in some cases (e.g., the Books forum) I cannot mark a thread as "read." If I post to the thread, the new post will be inserted BEFORE the old last posting.

Time for Berry to don his deerstalker cap and see. It might be the server; it might be corruption in the data base.

If it's corruption, it behooves us to shut down the server so they can run a tool to check (and perhaps fix) the data base.

LSN

Comment

I've just posted 5 hours back in time, on the Doctor Who Thread!

And here!

Queue BBC Radiophonics Workshop music... 8O

Comment

Obviously someone's proving multiverse is reality.
          Google ergo sum

Comment

I think we are basically witnessing the database server getting out of sync over the course of 30 to 60 days. Anyway, I've checked, repaired and optimized and rechecked the database. The optimization should cause the problem to go away. If you notice the problem again, let me know.
            The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Thanks Berry! Your temporal adjustments seem to be taking nicely and the timestream seems to have regained its stability. I would personally consider the excess chaos as a minor swing of the Great Mood. Thanks again!
              Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

It's still happening Berry. I just made a post at around 11pm BST (Greenwich +1hr) and it had 7:09pm on the thread.
                You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

The server we are on, as it turns out, set at CDT. That's GMT -5. The forum's time is now set at that same time. It wasn't before. The server's time, the problem at hand, is set 4 hours behind. I told Axign.com about it. I expect them to resolve the problem in a day or two. As we see, time can be tinkered with on a couple of different levels.
                  The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Hey everyone, the time should be pretty much correct for all of us. Remember that it may not macth your local time perfectly, but we are no longer 8 hours off.

Comment

Remember, you can go to your profile and set your local time here: [link expired] by telling the system where your local time actually lies. I think by default you may be getting GMT -8 or GMT -5. You may find http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/ helpful in determining what your GMT time really should be. You should be interested in what your + or - to GMT should be and set it in your profile.

Comment

I'm travelling very close to 186,000mls/sec, Berry. What time should I set? :D

Comment

For you, it's any time you want it to be.

Comment

Did Sergeant Alvarez or Karl Glogauer help you , Berry?
                            Or did you get to meet Mrs Persson?
                            You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Baron Kalan swung by. He was yammering about me being in too many places at once.

Comment

Working...
                              X