Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Technical Difficulties

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical Difficulties

Dear readers,

THIS IS NOT MIKE, THIS IS BERRY SIZEMORE. I am logged in as Mr. Moorcock to get your attention for this.

There is some strange thing happening that is preventing Mike's posts from being attributed to him. I am currently researching the issue. A complication to troubleshooting this issue is that Mike has numerous looming deadlines, his foot is killing him, and his doctor has said that he shouldn't spend much time at the keyboard. Thus, troubleshooting this problem together, he and I, isn't going to happen right away. So I ask that everyone bear with us during this time. You won't see many posts from him, and if you do, they'll be as Guest, but those posts can't be validated, so it will seem as if he's not around at all. This could be the multiverse's way of getting him some rest, so please refrain from clamouring. We'll have this sorted out eventually.

Prof: When you get the time after your deadlines, we can work it out. Giving you a different user login won't be good for the publication. I suspect the Internet Explorer you are using is having a weird problem. Nothing is wrong with the account, something else is happening, and we'll come up with a solution.

Anyone who wants to help me brainstorm the problem, feel free to post in here.

Thank you all for you patience with this.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

The problem has been noted, of course.

No help from this quarter, alas. Just some thanks, best wishes and sympathy apportioned in obvious ways.

Comment

I posted a possible solution in the test thread. Berry if you are familiar with techniques for removing temporary files and clearing the cache, and can help walk MM though it, then it might help. I have to go out in a bit, but I posted a link to a useful program and if necessary I'll take some screenshots and write a walk-through when I get home.
      Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

Thanks, pards! It won't let me login under another name, either, so it evidently is a problem with the server. Is this an excuse to get all new equipment ? Not that I have time for a learning curve at the moment.
        Maybe April will allow me a bit of breathing space.
        All best,
        Mike

Comment

Another test posting. Or is that posing ?

Comment

One suspects that maybe this is a cookies isssue of some sort? I've had a browser stop doing some things it used to before, so one possible solution if he uses IE would be to download Firefox and try it from there. I'm sure this has already crossed Berry's mind and the health issue and time limitations are part of the problem. Mike's doctor probably thinks this is a good thing, since an internet habit is very hard to break.
            My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

I think Dead-Air might be right. I've had the same problem as Mike's and it was because I'd set IE to block all cookies. As soon as I changed it back, the problem went away.

Comment

Yeah, and unfortunately that kind of thing can happen just from having some part of your cookies prefs doing something you may not even know about. I think maybe even some cookies can mess with your prefs and affect other cookies.
                My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

I was only joking when I suggested that Mike might ask Berry to ban him from the Forum temporarily, on another Thread. I didn't expect his browser to take me at my word! 8O

I think Dead-Air might have a point. Downloading and installing Firefox 1.0.1 might help. It would almost certainly give Mike more control over cookies and permissions.

Comment

Hmmm. Not sure. Not interacting with the net much, I haven't ever had much in the way of spam not automatically blocked (if it is) by Norton.
                    That's all I have going. This is the only place I do interact. But I'm grateful for all suggestions and will start sorting this first chance I get.
                    Thanks, pards.

Comment

I seem to be having trouble accessing the Forum, unless I don't log in.
                      I'm wondering if this could be related. -Kitsune

Comment

Mike/Berry:

Is there an error message assosiated with the login failure?
                        Don\'t blame me; I voted for Trixitroxi Ro!

Comment

Also wondering if you enter your username and password each time you log in?

You might also want to try to install and run ad-aware, which you can find here: http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10...age&tag=button

Comment

www.multiverse.org

Comment

Best guess:

In Internet Explorer (assumes ver 6) go to Tools menu, Internet Options.

Select Privacy tab.

Should show a slider bar. Set slider to Medium, press OK.

Close and restart Explorer.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X