Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

New Downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Downloads

Dear Readers,

Well, I guess, listeners in this case. I have three tasty treats for one and all. I've had floating about for some time some audio tidbits that you've just got to listen to.

Audio Clips from The Final Programme movie:
    [broken link]

The AudioRealms Elric of Melnibone Audio Book sample:
    [broken link]

Reality Break Interview:
    [broken link]

Dave Slusher's interview with Mike is the absolute must hear. Circa 1999, Mike talks about so many interesting topics and has a couple of good laughs along the way. It's a four-parter that contains 3 very large files. Sorry, can't avoid it. Thanks to Maren Gebhart for turning my tape into these mp3s. I've had these mp3s for some time and it's my first chance to get them on the site.

I know you will enjoy these immensely.
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-24-2010, 05:04 AM.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Oh fun! I'm going to have to play around with the Final Programme sound bytes.
    Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

Thanks very much! I'll check those out when I have time.

Comment

Re: New Downloads

[quote=Berry Sizemore]...some audio tidbits that you've just got to listen to...

The AudioRealms Elric of Melnibone Audio Book sample:
        [broken link]
        Berry, this is very cool! Thanks!

One thing: the Elric of Melnibonأ© audio book sample is in RealMedia format. :x I forbid RealMedia to infect my system. I spit in its general direction. I realize this is my own issue, but is there any way to get that file ripped over to mp3 format? Purty please?
        Last edited by Rothgo; 04-24-2010, 05:05 AM.
        "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
        --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Go to Major Geeks and get yourself a nice piece of freeware called Real Alternative here: http://majorgeeks.com/download4094.html Its basically the Classic version of Media Player with Real codices.
          Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

Originally posted by Kommando
            Its basically the Classic version of Media Player with Real codices.
            Thanks, Kommando. Have you tried it?

Comment

Yep - its the only way I view Real Media.

Comment

Okay, then. I will give it a shot! Thanks, bro.

Comment

Wow. I understood every word of that...individually. Put it all together, and I don't understand it at all.

Am I getting old? Or just inhabiting the wrong incarnation of myself?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremiah
                    As with all conjurations, the words themselves aren't as important as the inflections or the thoughts that occupy your mind while you're casting the spells...
                    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremiah
                      Wow. I understood every word of that...individually. Put it all together, and I don't understand it at all.

Umm - say Media Players are like cars. The Classic version would be like a '69 Mustang (pre Windows '95) fitted with a catalytic converter (the codices) so it can run Real Media Content (unleaded fuel).

Comment

Umm - say Media Players are like cars. The Classic version would be like a '69 Mustang (pre Windows '95) fitted with a catalytic converter (the codices) so it can run Real Media Content (unleaded fuel).
                        Fantastic analogy, Kaommando. Really well done. I dig a good analogy. Sad, I know.

Comment

Working...
                        X