Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Axign Web Hosting

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axign Web Hosting

Dear Readers,

MWM doesn't take ads on very lightly. Since the whole advertising thing doesn't really work out for this publication, in its current configuration and with the realities of online publishing. Overall, advertising on websites is fairly destructive to the format and won't return (in this case) an appreciable amount of revenue. This, as we know, has ramifications like putting up with lesser service, communication and quality of access.

However, there are a couple of cases where advertising does work for MWM. We have had two ads, at the bottom of the left column you find our ad for Jayde Design, where you can obtain a catalog. In the less persistent right-hand column you are urged to make a voluntary subscription to this publication by making a donation to Womankind Worldwide. Both of these ads are really about helping our friends out. JD can get you great publications from a trusted source. WW can give you a chance to be charitbale to a trusted charity.

We now have a third ad, just below Jayde Design's. MWM is now being hosted by a friend who has been running a secure and highly available Linux based web host for more than a couple of years. I have so much faith that this will work for the extended future that we've locked the service in for a full year. The ad, as you might have guessed, brings us a price break for the year. If you are running a website or plan to in the near future, you may want to have a conversation with Wayne over at Axign Consulting and find out pricing as they have numerous plans available.

If the ad is putting you off, just remember how badly the site was running last month and note the recent improvements in speed and availability. We've been put on a very uncrowded server and are certain to have great speed and availability for some time to come. Thanks Axign!
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

I think the ads you have are good, they don't get in the way at all and are very informative should you wish to use them. I have to admit I didn't really notice the new one until I read this thread.

Comment

The ads are very natural to the "style" of the site... it's not as if there are giant bottles of beer suddenly flashing up on screen and making slurping noises at us! I certainly don't see any problem with a new addition, especially if it helps to ease your concerns about the site, Berry.
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

No problem, Berry!
        :D
        Google ergo sum

Comment

Thanks for the concern, Berry. The ad seems more of a tip of the hat than anything else.

I might have questions about "MWM--Brought to you by Toyota" or "Wal-Mart's Multiverse." :D

Comment

8O McMoorcock's McWeekly McMiscellany! 8O

Actually, I checked out their hosting section, and it does look mighty tempting... But, I think a proper website will have to wait until I have a proper computer [insert self-deprecating punchline about "proper artist" here]. Good rates though...
            "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

No, those few ads don't get in the way at all. And yes the site has improved immeasurably over the last few weeks. So I think the Axign ad is very welcome.
              'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Originally posted by Doc
                "Wal-Mart's Multiverse."
                *PWV holds out his index fingers in the form of a cross in Doc's general direction*
                Fie! I'll see the Multiverse implode before that happens! :twisted:
                "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

I felt wrong even suggesting it. :oops:

Comment

Working...
                  X