Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Colour banner photo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colour banner photo?

Would anyone else like to see a colour banner photo on the MWM site? As good as the current photo is, I think a colour one would give it a bit more visual 'oomph'. My vote would go to picture 5 in the MM photo album, the one with the hat, a nice evocative portrait.

Berry, anyone else, feel free to disagree or say why it couldn't/shouldn't be done. I just thought I'd toss it in as a suggestion... :)
    'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

From a design standpoint -- and this is just one designer's opinion -- the B&W image compliments the clean look of the rest of the site in the standard ExtraLite theme. Of course, if you're using a different theme like Black Blade, then different design principles would apply, but since most people use the standard theme, a B&W photo is probably the best choice.

Anyway, as I said, I'm just one designer tossing in my two cents.
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Sorry, but I prefer b&w photographs too... they just seem more "iconic" somehow. I also agree that it suits the minimalist design of the site. I'm not sure if it's possible to have different photographs attached to different themes... perhaps once the site has been shifted to a new server there'll be all sorts of exciting new options?
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Working...
      X