Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

How do you post a picture here?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generally, you need to uploaded it to a site which allows for remote hosting, such as Photobucket or your own personal webspace. Then you take the url of the image and put image code around it. So it would look something like

[img]<insert URL here>[/img] . And that would pretty much do it.

If you can upload it, but the site doesn't allow remote hosting, such as Geocities or other free hosts, then you would just post the URL on its own.
    Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

*How to upload images to the Image Gallery*

If the image is of a Moorcockian nature and you would like to add it to the [broken link]Image Gallery, you can do so as long as you are logged in. When you're inside the album to which you wish to upload your image*, look for the drop-down menu in the top right of the page. In that drop-down there is an option to "add photos." When you select that, a pop-up window will allow you several methods of data transfer. I prefer the Form (second tab); it's quick and easy.

Hope that helps.

*Please be sure to choose your album carefully. It will save me and the other Gallery moderators a bit of reorganizing work.
      Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 04:53 AM.
      "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
      --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

I usually use these guys for image hosting

http://12.22.230.41/MicroTech/Hostin...stingHome.html

http://12.22.230.41/MicroTech/Hostin...IP-MUR-FM.html

Just FYI.

Comment

I used my digital camera and then edited it with my photo editing software. I don't know that much about digital imaging. I just cropped the original photo and tweaked things best I could-- saturation, hue, contrast, sharpness, etc... then cut it down to the required size 80 pixels? and it turns out good. I guess the answer is because it wasn't scanned. it was originally a digital image ?

I can't get more technical than that at this point in my life... :roll:
          \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
          Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Originally posted by TheAdlerian
            Thanks for the help guys!
            :lol: Heh, we didn't even answer your question, did we, Adlerian? Judging by the presence of an avatar under your username, I'm thinking we missed the boat entirely. Glad you were able to figure it out on your own.

By the way, unlike Jerico, I do know a lot about digital imaging (it's what I do for a living). If you want to send me your original scan, I can make a cleaner avatar for you. I'm also willing to just answer whatever dig-image questions you might have.

If you want to send me the scan, you can find my e-mail address by clicking on the www link below.

Comment

Oh, see, that's what I get for opening my yap before I read all the orange-colored threads... :?

You obviously know something about digital imaging yourself. My bad. :oops:

Comment

Working...
              X