Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

problem with joining the site

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with joining the site

i am haveing a little problem joing the site i have gone though the id and everything but when i use the link on the email it comes up no such user why is this? how do i sort it how do i get a pic

Have a look at the registration link it has supplied to you in the email. Some email programs put this URL on to two lines, which breaks the URL and only the first half shows as a link. Both lines should show. If this is the case, copy both lines together and past into the browser address bar, and activate that way.
    I had the same problem when I signed up, using Outlook Express.

Failing anything else, create a new email address just for this site and re-register under a different name, and see if tnat works. All in all I have three active accounts on this site because of this problem, only one of which I use, and a fourth which I got when this site first opened which I forgot... :oops:

Comment

still happing

To finish the registration process you should visit the following link in the next 24 hours to activate your user account, otherwise the information will be automaticaly deleted by the system and you should apply again:

[broken link]

There is no user in the database with this information.

You can register a new user from here.
      Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Try this one...

[broken link]

The problem is that when splitting the URL over two lines it's added a space between your name, reading =dead mottershead&check instead of =deanmottershead&check

It thinks your username is just dean, and not deanmottershead.

Hope this helps
        Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Sorry, this Module isn't active!

[ Go Back ]

Comment

dean,

The link you click arrives in two chunks.

[broken link]

You have to paste them into one long one (please note that this example will look funny because of a URL truncator in this portal - it should look smooshed together). If you right click on the link below, you should be able to find a copy link option there.

[broken link]

Now, if you did this and it failed, it's because of this reason:
            If you haven't confirmed within 24 hours, your request gets deleted. So, you'll have to reapply. Then when you get the email with the broken link, open a word processor and copy each line in the mail to the new document, then join the two lines, copy the new longer line, and paste that into the address field at the top of your browser and hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
            Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 02:47 PM.
            The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

okay your going to think i am spuid but here go's i try rejoining again i know it was more then 24 hours and it did all that the i copyed the full line of text
              [broken link]

but it still does not like it so i tryed rejoining but it will not let me join becuse my email for the one i have just done is allready there should i just call myself dean i think it's going to easyer or maybe i should just stay a guest yours dnm

Comment

oh by the way

[broken link]

Sorry

, this Module isn't active!

[ Go Back ]

this is getting behond a joke funny though

Comment

I fix0red it for you. Try logging in.
                  The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

thanks so how do i get a pic for me then?

Comment

Profile > Upload Avatar

Search for the word "avatar" for more details.

Comment

thanks again for your pactice and help done it all now i'll have to see what this pic looks like not sure never seen it at this size

Comment

Working...
                        X