Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Phew!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheEighthSon
    replied
    Rosbif. No doubt because of our traditional Sunday dinners where we eat... Roast Beef!!!

Must admit I haven't heared that one before...

Leave a comment:

• Mikey_C
    replied
    [quote="L_Stearns_Newburg"]
    Originally posted by TheEighthSon
    French slang for "British person." I know a number of others which aren't so printable.
    Inspired by the behaviour of British persons abroad (the ones in Union Jack boxer shorts) we are now also known as "les fuckoffs"... :oops:

Leave a comment:

• Dead-Air
    replied
    Aha, I suspected there was probably more to this than Berry's credit card payments. This site does get an amazing amount of traffic, so I guess if you're going to blame anyone, it would have to be Michael Moorcock for bringing us all here in the first place!

Leave a comment:

• A_Non_Ymous
    replied
    Originally posted by TheEighthSon
    Ahhh, don't mind me. You got revenge, though, since I'm gonna have to look around now for a definition of Rosbif. 8O
    French slang for "British person."

I know a number of others which aren't so printable. None
    of them, of course, are fair, but since when did cross-Channel
    sniping need to be fair? ;-]

LSN

Leave a comment:

• Whiskers
    replied
    It's worse than we thought.

I wrote our web host:

I get 403 messages when I hit my websites! Please let me know what is going on!
    Hi,

It looks like your site is using a lot of server resources and was causing the server to crash. I have turned your site back on but you may need to look into getting a dedicated server if this continues.

Best Regards
    WTF?

Leave a comment:

• TheEighthSon
    replied
    Ahhh, don't mind me. You got revenge, though, since I'm gonna have to look around now for a definition of Rosbif. 8O

Leave a comment:

• Etive
    replied
    :(

I believe I said "it's been up and down all week" or something like that to Mr Air.

I hope it's not my ISP punishing me for being a Rosbif.

Leave a comment:

• TheEighthSon
    replied
    Peh, only giving them half a tale... :) What you like, you??? 8O

With me it just seemed to be down whenever I came here, for all I know it was up the rest of the time! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Etive
    replied
    Originally posted by Dead-Air
    Etive told me she had it for close to a week (!)
    Oops, I meant to say that it seemed to be down at various intervals over the course of a week at certain times....

Leave a comment:

• Mikey_C
    replied
    Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
    What was the final outcome?
    Sounds like good old-fashioned political censorship to me - aided by new-fangled globalised "multilateral treaties". Scary. :(

http://indymedia.org/en/static/fb

Leave a comment:

• TheEighthSon
    replied
    Alls I knows is I'm PARANOID whenever I hit the bookmark for this site now!!! :D

Leave a comment:

• Whiskers
    replied
    Originally posted by Dead-Air
    The weird thing, and I think you'd want to know, is different users seem to have different time spans of the problem in terms of days. I had it for less than 24 hours, but Etive told me she had it for close to a week (!) I did try emptying my cookies and re-loggin in and it didn't work immediately, but I did get on the next day (perhaps after a restart?)
    That is very strange. I cannot imagine what happened. My outage was less than 24 hours from what I can tell. Perhaps Etive was experiencing some other coincidental problem. As an example, perhaps her ISP's DNS server was having trouble.

Leave a comment:

• TheEighthSon
    replied
    Does someone want to tell me what the heck a conumdrum is?!?!? 8O 8O 8O :oops:

Leave a comment:

• TheEighthSon
    replied
    One of the multiverse's little conumdrums, no doubt...

Leave a comment:

• Dead-Air
    replied
    Yikes, how about, "Thanks Berry for footing the bill for such a great site!"

The weird thing, and I think you'd want to know, is different users seem to have different time spans of the problem in terms of days. I had it for less than 24 hours, but Etive told me she had it for close to a week (!) I did try emptying my cookies and re-loggin in and it didn't work immediately, but I did get on the next day (perhaps after a restart?)

I guess it doesn't matter if we're o.k. now, but thought you'd want to know any how.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X