Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Phew!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phew!!!

Has this site been down or something over the last couple days? This is the first time I've been able to load it up since thursday night without getting a 403 permission denied error!!!

Must've been down. I was getting told that I didn't have permission to be here for the past day or so. I was all worried I'd somehow said something that Berry took as the last straw...
    My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

Yeah, same here. Sooooooooo glad it's sorted out anyway. Certainly wouldn't want to miss a new revelation on the movie or the comic or whatever.

Comment

The webserver appears to have been down. I logged in via my shell account and I could get into it, but my account didn't work correctly. So I started to suspect hacking. Then it occurred to me that the billing didn't work. My card was maxed. So I paid of my card and it cleared up. But it only cleared up after I reported what I thought was a crash to the hosting company. So, at this time, I have no clue what really went wrong.

Probably just a crash.
        The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Y'aint nothing to do with Indymedia or Rackspace are you? 8O

Comment

Heh. No. We are at http://www.phpwebhosting.com/ thusfar a great hosting provider. I heard about that. What was the final outcome? Child pr0n?
            The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Dunno yet... Looks like the main issue is not why it happened, but why it happened as it did... The real story will probably be buried under a veil of secrecy wrapped up in controversy and tied up with a pretty bow of red tape, adorned with a gift tag saying KEEP OFF!!!

As long as this place is ok.

Ya misspelled pr0n though.
              Oh, wait...
              Never mind. :lol:

Comment

Geez Berry Pay your freakin Bill on time so we dont have to go without the MWM!!! :lol:

Comment

8)

Comment

Yikes, how about, "Thanks Berry for footing the bill for such a great site!"

The weird thing, and I think you'd want to know, is different users seem to have different time spans of the problem in terms of days. I had it for less than 24 hours, but Etive told me she had it for close to a week (!) I did try emptying my cookies and re-loggin in and it didn't work immediately, but I did get on the next day (perhaps after a restart?)

I guess it doesn't matter if we're o.k. now, but thought you'd want to know any how.
                    My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

One of the multiverse's little conumdrums, no doubt...

Comment

Does someone want to tell me what the heck a conumdrum is?!?!? 8O 8O 8O :oops:

Comment

Originally posted by Dead-Air
                          The weird thing, and I think you'd want to know, is different users seem to have different time spans of the problem in terms of days. I had it for less than 24 hours, but Etive told me she had it for close to a week (!) I did try emptying my cookies and re-loggin in and it didn't work immediately, but I did get on the next day (perhaps after a restart?)
                          That is very strange. I cannot imagine what happened. My outage was less than 24 hours from what I can tell. Perhaps Etive was experiencing some other coincidental problem. As an example, perhaps her ISP's DNS server was having trouble.

Comment

Alls I knows is I'm PARANOID whenever I hit the bookmark for this site now!!! :D

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
                              What was the final outcome?
                              Sounds like good old-fashioned political censorship to me - aided by new-fangled globalised "multilateral treaties". Scary. :(

http://indymedia.org/en/static/fb
                              \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Working...
                              X